Revving very high but not accelerating slow

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by JamesB AEROX, Dec 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Ok managed to replace the intake my workshop controller showed me a cool trick with a screw driver and a hammer just tap the sides and he turned them with his fingers...

New reed and intake is in
    New fuel vac ( was in my fuel tank had to drain it )
    New spark plug
    Sorted out the variator now have a kick start but need to add a few small spacers cos it's a little too far now..
    And there was no rubbing around the clutch
    Still didn't fucking start and cleaned out the carb jets and blew air down the fuel pipes.
    Then sucked on the vac line on the carb and could hear it filling up ( tastes like shit )
    Also was pointless of me buying clutch springs it already has soft spring's installed..?

And ped parts have said this
    "It may be worth going 1g - 2g heaver on the rollers with that set up which may help stop the over revving, and then space the front pulley out slightly which will allow the belt to drop down and give some better take off speed."

Not sure how I'm Gona space the front pully out...

2. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Here's some pics to help

Attached Files:

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Run a compression tester on it

4. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Ok will do at work on monday

5. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    It started!!!
    It started after s few kicks but I had to suck on the vacuum pipe on the carb and then it died. It starts only if draw fuel in manually...

6. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    you could check the vaccum inlet connection on the carb isn't blocked.

7. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Happy Christmas people

It starts now but isn't getting fuel. When i kick it there isn't any vacuum to pull the fuel into the carb but nothing is blocked because if I do it Manually then fuel comes threw and into the carb just not doing it by it's self

Replaced the fuel vac tap and checked the lines. I have no leads but I'm sure why there is compression and starts it's just now drawing fuel into the carb

Plan is to replace the carb see if it Fixes it

8. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    No

dont replace carb, what you need to do i create a vacuum to open the fuel tap to allow fuel to flow into the carb and keep filling the carb bowl.

Your scooter will do this by one of two means .

Vacuum 1 : a vacuum is created by using the cranks pressure wave it creates when spinning at high revolutions. to harness this vacuum pressure wave most scooters would have a crank breather tube that connected directly to the fuel taps vacuum nipple.

Vacuum 2 : a vacuum is crated by the airflow rushing into the engine manifold from the carb when in operation, the carb itslef would have a vacuum nipple where the vac tube to the fuel tap would plug onto, SOME carbs do not have this vac function so a vacuum is taken from the carb manifold that leads to the engine crank case or the engines cylinder head, usually its a small nipple, your vac pipe slips onto this nipple and to the fuel tap. on running the vacuum crated as the air/fuel is drawn into the engine opens the fuel tap and keeps fuel flowing.

you need to find out by what method the speedy uses to crate a fuel vacuum is it method 1 or method 2

9. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Think it's vacuum 2.

From what I could see there is 2 pipes that connect from the fuel vac tap in the fuel tank. If u pu5 a vacuum motion (suck) on 1, fuel comes out the other. You cannot do it both ways only 1 pipe will allow you to suck and draw fuel through the other pipe.
    There is a nipple on the carb that connect to each pipe. One larger one for the vacuum & smaller for fuel there is also a small breather pipe for the vacuum. When i crank it there is no sucking or vacuum going into the carb but if I suck in the breather it draws the fuel by doing the vacuum to that same pipe that the fills the bowl.
    This should be happening when j crank it but it's not. Iv blow out the jets and from when I suck in the breather that goes threw the carb it dosnt seem blocked.

The bike starts so even do it should be sucking more and doing it automatically but it dosnt it just uses the fuel in the float and then dies.

I do have s video but it won't let me post it

10. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

The larger pipe is the fuel not the vac! You sure you have them in the correct order

11. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    The vac for me from it so I thought it was I'll switch them and try it if that's all I'm Gona be pissed

12. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Havnt been work so havnt been able to try it but I'm like 95% sure the pipes are in the right way

In the pic the small valve, jet, nipple, pipe dunno what it's called so ima go with nipple on the carb that is the small one that I'm sure is for fuel and not air

Attached Files:

13. Sam phantom

Can’t really see from that picture tbh have you switched them over ?

14. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Not yeah as havnt been work cos of the new year
    Back today and I'll switch them and then I'll still have the issue if the rollers ffs..

15. Sam phantom

Eh? Rollers?

16. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Hi sorry had to sort a few things out and save up.

Baught a 70cc kit ( stage6 street race )
    And a 21 mm carb
    Heavier rollers
    And a gasket set

Plan is to replace the carb and do what I can and if it dosnt start then I'm in shit..

Gona instal it tomoz and hope for the best that all the issues are sorted and it works