Revving very high but not accelerating slow

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by JamesB AEROX, Dec 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Got a Yamaha aerox 2013 onwards and I just installed a stage6 oversized variator kit but without the torguedriver. The thred in the krank is fucked so it was a pain putting it all back together.

Have a feeling they also sent me the wrong kit as they included a spacer that dosnt fit and also if had to sacrifice my kick start as it kept siezing so I had to remove the driver on the inside of the trans box so the Kickstarter does nothing now...

It accelerates ok but then just revs extremely high and dosnt go anywhere.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmmm sounds like something is very wrong

3. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Hmm I also fitted a clutch & air filter but all that's happening is it takes of fast but then builds speed slow and I'm not sure what's wrong

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

What weight rollers ? And what filter ?

5. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Not sure what weight need look they are the stock ones that come with the kit and a double layer easy flow stage6 filter. I think what's happening is the torque spring is spinning freely then the clutch can't spin with it

6. Sam phantom

Did you get a spring with the kit ?

7. Sam phantom

Standard clutch springs too ?

8. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Yeah new clutch and spring came with the kit but the kit they sent me is shit they give you a spacer and the spacer puts everything wayy to far out and even with out the spacer if you have the Kickstarter on it sits too far and u can't make a full seal on the trans box and it's pushing against it too hard stoking the kicker from returning or even kicking... my plan is to grind down the bushing a little as it's massive and take up more room then the belt needs. Only Gona grind down a few mm tho. And with the spring issue my plan is to look at the spacer the get you to put at the end and see if it's running against the clutch if so I'll remove the spacer as all it does is cup the spring but if it's not that ima try heavier rollers. There's also a grinding noise coming from the clutch assembly now.
    This is all really annoying if spent a load on all this shit and none of it is working how it should be or even fitting ffs I havnt installed it wrong I'm sure of it but not only that but the last owner rounded the shit out of the bolt for the inlet manifold where the reed is cos I bought a vforce3 reed and I can't even take the fucking inlet off.

If You have any better ideas please cos at this point I feel like iv just waisted all my money and nothing I do is gone fix it.

9. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
  10. Sam phantom

I’d put a bet on your high revving issue is that clutch and as for the varaitor I’m pretty sure there should be a washer that gos on the varaitor shaft before any thing else I think it’s 5mm thick! in my case it’s a 2mm thick washer and I got both in my variator kit so that’s strange that your saying it to far out even with no washer on at all....all I can think is that there’s a long washer that sits in front of the starter sprag have you tried to removed that to see then if it all fits on the shaft nicely

11. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    There's a sprocket bolted on to the trans case that's the only thing taking up space in that side I didn't remove it cause it didn't say to.. And yeah that black spacer and the other I had to remove just to get it to fit it didn't all fit in...

And as for the clutch problem ima see if I can sort it at work tomoz during lunch but if it's got no sign of slipping for anything I'll post on here to see if it's any other issues

12. Sam phantom

Not slipping but it’s revving to high before it is engaged which I think may be the springs are to stiff

And I’m talking about the electric starter sprag behind the variator, there’s a washer there not the kick start side

13. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Iv just ordered a set of springs different sizes so do you want me to try the softest ones first and get back to u once they arrive?

And I'm a little confused sorry can you explain what you want me to look out for behind the variator is a large sprocket thing is that the electric starter spray? And there is no washer it's flat in the kit it includes a black spacer quite thick as u said be for but I think it's a little bigger then 5mil more like 1.5cm... which is massive unless I take out that sprocket...

14. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    This is the sprocket I'm talking about

Attached Files:

15. Sam phantom

Ahh yes you have no washer there so that’s all good..

I can’t think why it doesn't all fit on nicely very strange

Have you tried your old clutch to see if that solves your revving issues ?

16. Sam phantom

Oh and yes that is the starter sprag in the photo

17. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    My old clutch is kinda in the bin at work I had to rush out the cleaner put it in the bin

18. Sam phantom

Where are you based roughly ? I have a couple

19. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    Barnet NW london

20. Sam phantom

Your to far!! if I was you I think I’d try a standard clutch there so cheap