Restrictors on a Yamaha aerox

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ash_aerox, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

I have recently purchased a Yamaha aerox 2006 and was wondering where the restrictor is as I want a little more speed out of it. The bike is completely standard and nothing has been changed or tuned.

Cheers.

2. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

You have to take the washer off mate

3. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

Fairly new to the bikes and stuff, is the washer your on about connected to the exhaust system?

Cheers mate.

GJ7RWT likes this.
  4. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

it depends how fast its now, it if only hits 30 mph then there is a restrictor behind your front pulley that you have to remove . if it tops out at 45 ish then you have to cut the extra pipe of the exhaust and there will be a thiny plate you will have to remove ( not worth doing this unless you do it by your self) as the garage will charge you like £50 and for that money you can get some used aftermarket exhaust pipe . also you will have to upjet your carb , if you de restrict the stock exhaust the you only need to go 2 jets up , and it varies if you get other exhaust

my fully de restricted aerox hits like 55mph on clocks and its still good on petrol etc :)

5. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

Thanks :) Well it does about 30-35 , I wasn't looking to get a sports pipe yet just deristrict the stock exhaust. Where's the front pulley?

Is your aerox stock or tuned? :)

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    once fully deresticted it should cruise at 45 and top 50 on hills. thats what my 03 was like.

if your not up with mechanics take it to a dealer to derestrict for a small fee. if you like getting dirty, do some research for tutorials. its not overly hard but its also not super simple as you will need the exhaust welded up on the restriction pipe etc.

7. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

Would it be able to do that sort of speed without any additional add ons I.e new clutch spring and new pipe etc. ?

And I am happy to do it myself, I'll look for a tutorial on YouTube or something, thanks for the advice :)

8. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    You need to remove your variator washer like the person above said.

Unfortunatly most aerox exhaust are extremely hard to derestrict, but with the variator washer removed you should get 45 mph

9. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Where abouts are you?

10. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

Thanks I'll give it ago, if I brought a polini sports pipe would it enhance its performance a lot?

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    If you want your Aerox togo well wthout too much work or cost.
    1 Remove variator washer.
    2 Sports pipe (restrictor removed)
    3 Upjet carb by 10% to a 68 jet
    4 Upgrade variator or at least use lighter rollers .

All of the above can be done for just over £100 if you shop around and will give you better performance and still be economical and reliable.
    For example I used to run a Gianelli pipe and a pollini sport variator with 4 g weights.

12. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Id get a leo vince tt my aerox was nippy with mine an it was only 75

13. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

aerox exhaust.jpg

here is my mates exhaust he said he would sell me, it is a 2 part giannelli pipe but he doesnt have the second part to the exhaust, does anyone know where i can find it? i have searched around the internet but cant find anywhere that sells it:/

14. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    It looks like it snapped and the he cut it off to make it look like its supposed to be that.

I reckon your mate may be trying to mug you off

15. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

the end of the exhaust has a plate on it thats the same as the end of a one peice exhaust, but i guess it could of been welded onto the snapped end?

16. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Not seen a gianelli like that before. The leo Vince TT looks a good pipe for the money.

17. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I just sold a mint Gianelli for £30. You can pick them up new for about £65, for a 50cc theyre not bad but not in the same league as a leo vince. .

18. Ash_aerox

Ash_aerox New Member

i was actually getting a leo vince pipe, on ebay theres one which come with the right rollers and cluth springs for £95 :)

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Is that a TT or ZX?

20. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Just had a look at Pedparts, they do the Leo Vince TT for £77, the ZX for £99 and the Stage 6 sport pro replica for £91. Have a look at their blog it gives some good advice. Also Pedparts are post free on these exhausts and order before 3pm you get it the next day. They give excellent service and allways seem willing to help their customers get the best from their bikes.