Renthal bar conversion

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by TangoSR, Dec 6, 2006.

1. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

Right peeps...as some of you may know I got my boy a gilera ice a while back. The clock fairing on it though has basically had it, lugs are all broke etc, so I've bought some renthal bars and a stem for it. So what other parts do you think I will need?

2. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Well you've got all the switch gear.

Maybe so KOSO clocks so he knows he ain't breaking the law?

3. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

well... not sure on switchgear but you might need dna switchgear if the switches are mounted in the plastics, a bike speedo would be a good idea, a magnet needs to be glued to the wheel rim then needs to be tweaked til it gives ya the right speed, thats the cheapo way or ya could get the universal koso speedo lol :nerd:

by law you need all the lights the bike had as standard, including indicator lights, headlight, oil etc on the dash, minor knows more about this lol

may be easier to just take the bars off and stick standard on for mot

sam :)

4. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Oh yeah, with the ice, you can take off the indys and MOT it without.

Or relocate them

ICE already has the switchgear sammy.

5. tweak

tweak Member

someone called? :cool:

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you give me the wheel size ill work out the figure the speedo needs...

7. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

Hmmm, think what I'll do is use the original switch gear of the Ice for now.

As for the speedo I could use a sigma bike one, but I like the look of the koso ones you can get, or another idea is to somehow use the original clocks and get a different mounting made up.

As for the front indi's, I'm gonna get some flat ones for the front panel, similar to the ones I have on the undertray on my SR.

having never took the throttle gear of a scooter before, can you just take the original one off and use that? or will it have to be replaced?

Cheers fellas for all your help ;)

Think my boys finally decided on a colour for the main panels, he wants matt black :wtf: ...will see if I can change his mind at some later date :w00t:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the throttle will fit fine, the sigma speedo's aint road legal as theres no backlight. you need by law indicator warning lights and a full beam light if the bike is equiped with a 3 stage headlight. the koso all in one unit is pritty expensive tho. id try and use the original dash as everything you need is there and you dont have to wire anything up. hardest part about this is mounting and making a smaller surround.

9. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

ICE's come out standard matt black though.

Slap him round the head and make him do it some crazy bright colour!

10. Concept

Concept New Member

If the handbar panel is loose why not just get a replacement?

11. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

I tried that once with a Honda C50 chop and was told that if you remove the actual indicators you should remove all trace that it ever had indicators, including removing the switch and wiring.