Recommend me a 70cc kit and exhaust?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by luke_2401, Apr 7, 2011.

1. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

Looking for some tuning parts for my zip.

Can anyone recommend a bore kit to me? I want it to offer the best performance possible without milling the case. Reliability isn't the most important factor to me.

And an exhaust to match? :)

Not wanting to spend silly money, dont want to have to replace cranks etc right away but possibly at a later date.

2. Gamble

Gamble Member

Re: Recommend me a 70+exhaust?

Personally I'd look at the MHR rep kits - still reliable but providing good power.

If you're after something that really lasts I've just ordered a Malossi 70 cast iron kit & a yasuni Z pipe (Depending on budget - get a pipe from higher in the range) should have a good amount of poke in it but still being ideal for every day use.

3. nathan93

nathan93 Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Gilera Ice

stage 6 racing 70cc kit
    and a stage 6 sports pro exhaust
    the stage 6 racing 70 kit is a powerfull single ring alluminium kit with a nikasil coating and apparantly not reliable but if looked after should be just as good as any, and not that expensive at £127 off pedparts with next day free delivery

4. 94Typh

94Typh Member

I had a Stage 6 exhaust pipe on my bike made a big improvement to the performance, I'm sure I saw a decent one going cheap on gumtree.

5. lshigham

lshigham Member

You want a C16 with a Racing, not a sport pro.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

you want the best performance, without milling cases, thats reliable and cheap...

dreeeeeeeeeeaming m8.

pick 2. fast, reliable, cheap. cant have all 3

7. lshigham

lshigham Member

Look again Minor ''Reliability isn't the most important factor to me.''

If you're not replacing the crank anything more than a MHR rep will likely result in a failed crank.

8. amankhan

amankhan New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Minor, whats the best for reliability and power? Cos i have an Athena HPR kit on my zip with a leo vince ZX-R,malossi variator, malossi secondary gear up, stronger crank(not sure what one but the tuning shop said they recommend it), malossi delta clutch. im gonna get it put on a dyno and get it set up. But what would be a more powerful set up with reliability?

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    reliabliity and power? the stock kit... does 30 all day long at full throttle for 20,000 odd miles.. tunned 70's are not reliable. lol. closest to reliable is stock timings and bigger bore. as in an iron malossi or polini kit. similar port layout and timings yet its a bigger bore and the ports are fed well. meaning more than double the power and just as much reliability as a stock 50.

switching to alimimum is a way of keeping heat down, but this comes with fragile coatings (nicasil is a fucking hard plating used in cylinders, but its less than 1mm thick) kits like the rep are basicly iron kits, with the stock timings, but made of ali, with a couple extra exhaust ports... means more power, kit is just as reliable BUT you need to change the rings more often and really kep on top of things. if you blow a piston in an iron kit its usually a case of replacing a piston and away you go, wreck a piston in an ali kit and its game over for the kit pritymuch...

there are harsh timed kits of both ali and iron (ie the corsa or the likes of the evo/mhr team and so on) wich are basicly high revving derivitives.. this meaning the engines probably work 150% as hard as the lower kits, meaning they have an ourt the box life of only 75% of what the lower timmed kits would be...

then you have the harsh timmed silly ammount of huge port kits that really dont like roads or any more than an hour or two on the same ring LOL these are not road kits, they are not reliable and will break, you can use them on the road, but were talking daily mantenance. at most you will get a wek befor you have to replace something :)

with all that in mind, go tune. tunning is not building an engine by the book, thats a mechanics job, if you want to tune an engine you pick what you think will work and go with it. do this based on what your trying to achieve.. tunning is about having a goal and working out how to get there yourself. everyone's engine is different.

develop your engine based on what you need it to do. if you ride 20 miles to work a high revving kit is no good for you, if you live in a small town and do lil 5 min blasts here an there you can have a lil monster. base the rest of your parts (pipe/carb/transmission) on whatever kit and crank your running.