REcently tuned Ludix

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by VickLudix, Oct 21, 2013.

1. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

One vein is broken. All cluch springs are there, both small one and the big one., damaging cluch shoes would not be possible. I didnt change the crankshaft. I changed the carb now it pulls really fast, goes to 35-40mph and looses power, by this i mean it doesn't want to go faster

2. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

So, i got my carb fited 2 days ago, with a 90 jet. It starts fine, dosen't die. But when i want to ride on say half throttle(dont know how to explain) it kind of hops and bogs and after couple of seconds its fine. Also i have to lift this thing from the carb in order for it to suck fuel while cold, after some time i stop and put it back down. It flies to 35-39 and kind of stops just befor or on 40mhp. Whats the problem now ? The vibrations are gone now

3. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

Got told that i need to tighten the clutch as it is probably too loose which causes the boging etc. is that true ?

4. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    how? buy changing the springs?

5. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

6. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    can you do it yourself

7. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

yes, adjusting the clutch is nothing hard, all i have to do is unscrew the bell and adjust the clutch.

8. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

@Refresh,
    Any updates on this ? does one one know if it is definately the clutch problem only ?

9. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

Ok, so i got my bike done last week. The engine is ported, and i also bought a 21mm Dellorto Carb. it runs mad. only problem now is that it will not go more than 40mph... i heard that it is probably the CDI as the standard one runs up to 7000-8000 RPM. do you recon thats the problem ? i also though about the gearing up kit, will this extend the power even more ? thanks

10. jarred

jarred Active Member

I have a speedfight and a ludix Vicki. Does it start to vibrate around 30 and does it pulse faster and faster the faster you go? If so then don't worry too much. It means the rollers are at the end of their travel on the variator. If it's bad they are probably just abit worn. It's always better to spend the pennies when it comes to rollers on these. But in regards to getting the roller weight right. Get a pack of mixing rollers from eBay upto 8gram. I think you can get em for £9.10 they are just cheap but really help you in finding the correct weights.

11. jarred

jarred Active Member

Gear up kit is virtually a must on peugeot engines if you want more top end. But it should do 50 not 40 because my standard de restricted ludix snake with a doppler exhaust will do 50. Which cdi does yours have and what year is it?