Rear wheel not turning

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by milo2025, May 16, 2019.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You might want to check the pistons are not seized or leaking or whatever.
    Get a can of brake cleaner.

milo2025 likes this.
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Got a can of break cleaner today. Pistons look to be in good working order. Also found out today the air cooling fan wasn't working so the engine was basically roasting itself to death when stationary, and I'm ashamed to say I didn't even know it had a fan until I started wondering wtf the black round gizmo stuck to the side of the engine was. Gave it a thoroughly good clean and now it works perfectly, also changed the sparky for good measure and gave the airbox and carb a good old clean. Progress at last. Engine still sounding very sweet but way too loud ( could be the pipe). Disks front and rear looking good, so just waiting for new pads and bobs your uncle. Will fiddle about with the float and jets and attempt to get optimum oil/fuel ratio mixture and hopefully bingo two fat ladies 88. Starting to get to like my speedfight again. It's a tough little bugger and I seem to have got away lightly. Not long ago I really wanted to get something else but now I honestly can't think of any scoot I rather have, despite it's uncomfortable leaning forward riding position and general uncouthness. It's amazing and a credit to this forum how much I've learnt thus far. Still a long way to go however but Rome wasn't built in a day., or was it? Now there's a thought :confused: Now where's that trumpet I was blowing...:cool:

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. milo2025

Changed pads, replenished brake fluid, spark plug, rejetted her (lots of trial and error there). idling much better at tickover now, nice bit of hydraulic pressure when I pull the break levels finally! Plug looking a far healthier colour and just sounds and runs so much better. Still a bugger to start on the kick sometimes but that's minor. Oh, and now rear wheel spinning free and easily again. Got pulled over initially for my letterbox number plate and then breathalyzed and mouth swabbed (said I was acting suspiciously and took a corner too fast wtf lol), as soon as they validated the MOT they told me to piss off, Result!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Mouth swabbed???
    What was the reason for the mouth swab?
    That's a DNA test they've done that will be kept on file forever.

5. milo2025

Drug test - cocaine and cannabis. I don't like the sound of that. It was a roadside test, don't they just bin it if it proved negative (which it did)?

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I'm sure they should have given you the items they used, i.e the swap, test strip, whatever, for you to dispose of so they can't be accused of keeping a dna result without permission or due justification.

milo2025 likes this.
  7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

They are going to clone you now!

milo2025 and Stevep like this.