Random Pictures ( it's back! )

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by bEN, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Lovely. What are you using?

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Just the usual Autosol and elbow grease :cheers:

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    expect to be on your back with a cloth on a regular,
    the elements love to go for the pipes, was going to do mine, and then ended up spraying them as its to hard to get to the whole system every time they need a re-polished :pale:

any goodies planed for her yet? pair of termi's?

4. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Might have to try autosol on my car exhaust, Ive never used the stuff before but have seen good results from it

5. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

6. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    whats the green stuff in the white paint? :confused:
    and can i see white speckles on the fork bottoms?

tut tut didn't take the calliper of to spray it mr?

7. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

well metal flake is expensive and glitter from partners aint IS IT .bloody hell fire obviouse LOL

and the sandles no joke thats actualy one resoursfull poor guy WIN

8. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    is that what thats meant to be :confused:cratch: shame :blush:

9. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    So far it's survived the 300 running in miles i've done which i was suprised about, the rest of the bike is ditched though, not gonna bother cleaning untill it's been serviced but the pipes are still looking the same in the picture, i'll probably invest in some termi's once i've sorted the necessities :grin:

some rearsets are first, grinding the pegs even while running in so i can't be arsed with that all summer, and i'll be replacing some of the metal brackets / guards for carbon ones to save tiny amounts of weight and for tartyness :cheers:

10. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

The green stuff is metal flake, but got the wrong size e.g too small o_O and yesss i did, just the camera making it look like white stuff on there.

11. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    saving weight is like saving money.... every pound counts :good: :lol:

is the cc increase as thrilling as you hoped?

12. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

lol metal flakes are a pain in the ass m8 need slow thinners or flakes carriers to do it propperly coz the flakes have to have time to setlle flat so ya dont get that rough texture. or jus be a noob n put 70 layers of lacquer on and flat n polish it lol

13. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848

Not sure yet as i've not opened her up, i've had little moments where it just starts to kick in and feels so grunty, but to be honest i didn't buy it to try and get more top end, 160mph is enough for me for the road / tracks, but the handling compared to my R6 is in another world, even while running in i've kept the corner speed up and it feels so planted despite the roads here still being covered in shit and the tyres taking forever to get any temperature in them, i can't wait for summer, last year on the r6 my tyres where graining after a spirited ride, so this year i expect to melt them :cheers:

14. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
  15. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
  16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    easy way... paint downwards on everything. it settles lovely then, and yes normnal glitter will be fine providing the thinners you are using doesent disolve them..

fact is, metal flake is usually rough as fuck once you paint it on, it usually takes a few litres of clear to get rid of the high spots/fill the low spots. verry heavy (as in weight) to do properly

17. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

cheers minor ill try that, i brought some better quality flakes, these ones are silver holographic and are like a rainbow effect, really nice look, can tell the defference between the 2, green ones barely sparkle, just look like bits of random green. but ye, ill post up pics in a week or so, should look nice.

18. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
  19. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
  20. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel