Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

racing exhaust

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by paksik, 9 Jun 2010
paksik#1
Hello everyone. I have a problem I have an engine Gilera Runner 172cc and I wanted to put there ricing exhaust but the fact that I'm from Ukraine and we have a tuning problem is to order from Europe. But I have to cook such as exhaust size, I do not know. I beg you to help me be who has the size of a pipe. ktoto Or could withdraw from its dimensions of the tube. I am interested in the dimensions of such tubes as PM tuning, Malossi MHR, Scorpion If you are not very hard to help me please. beforehand thanks to all




Here is an example of what I need
People, help me please!!!!!!!
Я не силен в Английском если что не понятно переводите
bertie#2
Find a better translator for a start, I could barely understand a word..

The PM59 is a direct fit to a Gilera runner 172, its made for that bike. And so will the Scorp and just about every other 125/172 pipe.
PrettyDodgyDave#3
yeah i think he wants to make his own lol
paksik#4
Yes, I'd like to made my own exhaust pipe, some body, give mee please the sizes! If any body can, please, measure it! :beg:
Blue dwarf#5
So you want someone to measure a PM59 so you can copy it?

Despite all the work and development that goes into the production of an exhaust and the years of dyno and road testing.

Design and build your own you lazy f*cker!
paksik#6
I not lazy, and I do not want is engaged by plagiarism. I have executed many variants, but they do not give the necessary result. It is just necessary for me the factory sizes of the resonator, it is possible also other type маlossi or a scorpion therefore I ask from you about the help.
Blue dwarf#7
paksik said:
I not lazy, and I do not want is engaged by plagiarism.

<That`s EXACTLY what you are doing.>

I have executed many variants, but they do not give the necessary result.

<Then your design is wrong and you should do what other exhaust designers and manufacturers do and continue to modify the design and test at your cost until you get the results you want!>

It is just necessary for me the factory sizes of the resonator, it is possible also other type маlossi or a scorpion therefore I ask from you about the help.

<FFS you`ve tried to design a pipe and it dos`nt work so just buy one!>
paksik#8
I understand what to buy a tube easier, but from me the salary 130 euros a
month, I physically allow myself of it I can not, therefore I search for
the sizes that it to make most
PrettyDodgyDave#9
if you cant afford one then you cant afford one youll just have to save up its a lesson of life? (unless you just get a loan or finance but gettign one for an exhaust is highly doubtful lol)

You cant just decide oh it must be cheaper to copy someone elses pipe so ill do that lol?
im sure something like this has come up before not all that long ago
Blue dwarf#10
Forget it Dave,

He`s mailed me direct and I`ve offered to send him working specs in diameters and lengths (basically run a program for him to give him what he wants) for a tenner via Paypal.
Now he wants specific specs for a 36mm stub and the cone development all done for him!Plus how to turn the exhaust and angles so it fits!

As you say it`s a life story and I don`t work for UNICEF or the RedCross.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

piaggio zip 50 restricted exhaust question0 replies19 Jun 2010
aerox 990 replies19 Jun 2010
back brack7 replies15 Jun 2010
A few questions...2 replies15 Jun 2010
apparently a mini moto can beat a fully tuned scooter?6 replies13 Jun 2010
Passed my cbt today, First ride alone.3 replies12 Jun 2010
roller sets3 replies12 Jun 2010
Piaggio zip 50cc dash board panels1 replies11 Jun 2010
mot question?6 replies11 Jun 2010
The new BWS-1254 replies11 Jun 2010