Quick connector for battery

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MrXT, Feb 1, 2018.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Anyone know of some sort of quick connector i can slip on a battery thats in the bike so i can charge the battery up quickly and easily without removing the battery because thats a pain.

I do lots of short trips so the battery doesnt always get charged up enough. I already have a decent charger but its such a pain to unbolt the battery and bring it to a plug socket to charge.

2. typh-gilly99

typh-gilly99 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 125 2T
    lol it's 2 screws or buy a booster pack

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

DUDE!
    Optimate 4.
    Has a connector that stays on the battery terminals, just plug and play when you get home.
    Keeps the battery topped up, maintains it and de-sulphates it, and doesn't over-charge it at all.
    I have 3 of these things on my big bikes, especially the tourer that doesn't get much use over the winter months.

4. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Can you charge the battery through the bikes built in 12 volt port? I'd imagine its fused, what would be the max charging limit if you can even charge the battery this way?

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Some chargers can do it that way, but the socket must be permanently live to enable it to be done.
    I just have the tails off the battery terminals in it's waterproof housing and plug in and forget about it.

MrXT likes this.