Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Polini Carb Settings

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by dgo666, 4 Aug 2010
dgo666#1
Hi

I have a Piaggio Zip and have converted it all from a 50cc to a 70 etc etc.

I have just now built the bike back up and need to know the Carb Settings on the polini carb as I have wound them in and not left them how they were.

Can someone please help as to what the settings should be so we can get it to fire up.

Thanks

Dave
grantmc3#2
your air mixture screw shoulb be about 1 and a half turns out and set your idle screw after 10 - 20 mins riding
dgo666#3
Hi

Thanks for the information. I have now got it running just need to get the running in stage done now. Then I can get it all set again ready to hit the big 90mph.

Thanks for all your help

Dave
grantmc3#4
what engine and cylinder are you running will a 70cc do 90mph

More threads in Scooter Tuning

drinking like a horse3 replies8 Aug 2010
best carb size stage 6 racing and c163 replies7 Aug 2010
any body have dyno results for stage 6 racing1 replies7 Aug 2010
best gilera runner setup? HELPPPPP!!!!!!1 replies6 Aug 2010
kits, exhaust.Thanks7 replies5 Aug 2010
Help diagnose aerox max speed PROBLEM!!!4 replies4 Aug 2010
My aprilia sr50 speed6 replies3 Aug 2010
what sorta speed you getting?12 replies1 Aug 2010
Polini kevlar belt4 replies1 Aug 2010
stage 6 raceing with leo vince zx or mhr rep3 replies31 Jul 2010