pm59 vs malossi mhr vs pollini evo pipes

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by tip1, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

nope i don't work there, i just know they can and have got hold of the seemingly elusive Jollymoto's, and their website is crap on the scooter section hence the number. Basically seemed to me he wanted a Jolly but can't locate one so was only suggsting a place that might have been able to help o_O

2. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

http://cgi.ebay.it/MARMITTA-POLINI-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

and ve quoted somewhere over 400 gbp
    so if you found them under 300 euros where was they as i may have a punt
    cheers

3. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
  4. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

LIKE I SAID 352 EURO'S

SO IF HE SEEN EM FOR 300 EUROS OR LESS THATS AROUND 275 OF WHICH IS CHEAP AS CHIPS THATS WHY I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT

5. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not in stock simply means they have no need to keep one out back.. doesent mean they cant get one, usually a couple days

7. tip1

tip1 New Member

Yup scooter centre and sip are both under 300E

8. syk3s

syk3s New Member

Ive Heard That The Polini EVO Pipe Is Actually Really Good I Have A 59 & Tbh i Wanna Try Something Different as Im Pissed Off With The PM

9. CU*TSPEED

CU*TSPEED New Member

i wer told that most of the racers use em :punk:

10. reddwarf

reddwarf New Member

True if you want to come third or fouth ;) ;)

11. bait

bait Active Member

lol hint hint

12. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Interesting topic, I guess you have seen this tests?
    It's tested on a standard 180 Runner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. syk3s

syk3s New Member

i got a 59 on my typh 183 tbh pretty bored of it now i wanna try something different

the scorpions are well made but just to heavy
    the malossi's are quite good on the 70cc but heard on the 125's there shit
    the polini evo for the 125s is the dogs bollocks i know 2 people whats changed from the pm'to the evo and had no complaints there well made and sound and perform good to but as always with pipes its a trial and error thing ;)

14. tip1

tip1 New Member

Well i went for the polini evo in the end, so we will see how it performs.

Cheers

15. LCR290

LCR290 New Member

Ive just brought a malossi mhr for my runner 180 been slightly put off it tho as adrenaline have said its a bitch to get up? bike is standard apart from polini variator (14.5gr rollers) and polin contrast spring (blue) will my carb need re-jetting and what rollers should i use as these are a high reving exhaust as i understand? maybe 11.8gr rollers? i weight 12st if that makes a difference?

16. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

They are more suited to revvier setups. So 172 kits and ported bikes. I can't see why you would run a contra spring on a stock bike.

Carb may need slightly rejetting but every bike is different. Could try dropping a gram off the roller weights but it may not make a huge difference.

17. LCR290

LCR290 New Member

adrenaline advised me to get it? might go for the polini evo exhaust and sell the mhr?

18. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Why would anyone ask for advice from a shop on parts? They tell you to buy what they want to sell.

Anyway the Malossi pipe is still a good exhaust. Lasts a lot longer than a PM pipe as it's a lot better made. Evo exhaust is very similar.

19. LCR290

LCR290 New Member

He seemed really genuine and said he had a 172? spring wasnt alot of money so not really fussed and it works well as for the exhaust i was thinking of 12.5gr rollers as for jetting the carb is a a trail and error with the main jets? thanks for the advice. L

20. Grunner183

Grunner183 Member

Rides:
    Runner 178
    I have the new tyga exhaust.. oerformance is great and is very loud. sounds like a crosser when revving :)