PM Tuning Repair A PM59 For Free!

Discussion in 'Scooter Related News' started by tErr0, Dec 5, 2006.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    wrong, what there doing is illegal as everything you pay vat on is protected by statuatory rights.. a defective product must be replaced, an exhaust is for engine use so it doesent matter where the wheels are touching. thas the law hence rhys's pipe was mended free of charge.

you cant let people get the better of you with bullshit, always ask questions and press for what YOU want done. your the customer!

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    I've only ever heard bad things about the people at PM, i feel sorry for the people who are in part time jobs or whatever and had to save for months maybe more so they could afford one only to have it snap on them

3. Bamboozle

Bamboozle New Member

No not really... You dont ride on the Track every single day do you?... And you dont get Potholes and stuff on tracks usually, if its a decent venue thats been chosen... :wtf:

4. *James*

*James* New Member

yes really..... do you drive around a track at sensible speeds?...NO, do most, if not all track bikes power wheelie out of corners and on straights?....YES, and that also means the bikes are being slammed back down, so this must have an effect on the exhaust, so i agree with what minors saying.

5. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    my point is race parts have NO guarantee. go and buy a new crf450, no guarantee, its a racing bike, no aftermarket parts are guaranteed unless the manufacturer/dealer decides they will repair or replace the defective part

6. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

well @ one point they told me the pipe had warrenty.... :msn1:

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    obviously none of you have ever managed a shop. statuatory rights cover anything sold that you pay vat on. for whatever use. the pipe has had 10 days use and went wrong, if you go and buy a brand new crosser and it goes bang 10 days later you WILL get a refund/replacement/free repair. 10 days use isnt anywhere neer the same use as a seasons racing. providing you can prove parts were defective a replacement is required by law. no ifs ands or buts. :D they repaird it even tho its for road use right? and its only after i gave them an earfull about trading standards and expert opinions they were happy to do whatever was asked.

like ive always siad, dont ask dont get!

8. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

its back!

the pm has bin repaired for the 2nd time and i must say pm have done a good but lazy job....

the have left the pipe attached with the cracks then cut anuva 59 down pipe split it in two and welded over it...itd a good job but wud be more impresed if they fully welded seam...but hey its pm i shud be happy..

pics for your entertainment....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. abz

abz Member

hope it doesnt snap again if it does ask for your money back as its a piss take and get a nk sprint but from the pics am seeing i dont think it will snap within a week again :D

10. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    yr

all they have done is make it like the new 1s mine v=come like the brand new thet rencfoced

11. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Yeah but that is around 18 months ago :rofl:

12. connor

connor Active Member

what i was thinking when i was reading this lol

13. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

same. did u find this thread in the archives?

14. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

my bro had a pm pipe for his runner, never snapped once!
    you want to know why? because he had a custom one made by pm with extra reinforced welding and double brackets with extra rubber to withstand everyday road riding. u might think ther all assholes but it doesnt take much to resolve the issue with the pipe.

15. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

.....the new design then ;)

16. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

LOL breaking news there,....................... and they are all wankers

17. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    my friends 360 pm snapped they gave him a whole new exhaust

18. TyphModification

TyphModification New Member

Rides:
    Typhoon Gilera 70
    Yeah they have new versions now there re-inforced so they dont snap :punk:

19. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

as much lol

20. batcheldinho

batcheldinho New Member

if you paid by creditcard which i assume you would have you have consumer protection so write them a letter stating the goods they sold you were faulty and then faulty AFTER they allegedly repaired it so you want a full refund or replacement or the credit card company/trading standards will deal with it... send it recorded delivery so they can't say they didnt receive it and state "you have seven working days to resolve this issue" and they will shit their pants and sort it... i expect a phonecall onthe day they receive it.... i did it... not a problem since... selling faulty goods like that is illegal and a breach of trading standards :p:p

hope ur new zaust arrives soon :)