pm tuning pro street

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by shiny red, Jul 11, 2009.

1. shiny red

shiny red New Member

look what just landed on my doorstep
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1900 quids worth fresh from pm tunning never turned a wheel and i got to strip it , 2great.;

2. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    mmm what you doing to it then :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    how you get that ,,is that 1900 inculding the engine or just parts and labour ,,,fuck pm tuning

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    cant wait to see this one unfold LOL they cant even write there name straight, says it all surely?

5. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

ok lets say they are shit as a shop etc

but i cant see all the critism againt their work ??

they are previous (i think) world record holder for fastest quater mile, i mean further than you have got ?

6. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Damn! Spot on my Son! lol

but yeh he is right ;)

7. star-172

star-172 New Member

Rides:
    Donkey
    Fastest Scooter, Yea was !

They need to update there website lol they aint got the fastest scooter anymore..

They use that banner to mug off there customers...

Whos with me ??

Pm tuning take down that void banner, and drop your prices.... lol

8. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    yes they are wankers but they are smart wankers ,,look at it very carefully in the bottom right hand corner it says (without nitouis assiseted ) so it is not a void statement ...pm tuning are so shit the owner was a million air before he stated the company ,,so they have loads off money to play with ,,TDR scooters on the other hand are two blokes team ,they smashed there record ,,ive been to TDR's workshop and its nothing special size wise but the work they do is outstading ..FUCK PM TUNING
    [​IMG]

9. shiny red

shiny red New Member

all new bits stator fly nice touch with the allen heads easy to undo
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    araldited the seals in for some reason ? anyone got aview ?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    used abit of sealer on the head ,i dont normally on their heads i must have more faith in them than they do lol

[​IMG][​IMG]
    notice the rectangular exhaust exit on the barrel ?and wait till you see inside the barrel its a work of art some one spent alot of time doing whats been done and its good fucking good a PROPERLEY corrected barrel ?

10. bait

bait Active Member

pm tunning not so bad after all?

11. star-172

star-172 New Member

Rides:
    Donkey
    Looking fresh :)

12. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    Does look very clean ,,all new parts very nice O yer how the FUCK did you get it ?

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    as far as that exhaust port/stub match theres fuck all artwork... it DOESENT MATCH so it is worse than stock. the rest i am yet to see, from what i saw of the caser its good work, nice an flat, shapes right and it starts in the right place/direction.... wheres the rest of the pics? LOL

14. shiny red

shiny red New Member

cases
    [​IMG]
    barrel some devcon in use here ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    i dont get it??? :confused:cratch:
    someone payed 1900 for pm to build them an engine..
    then payed shiny more to take it apart?

wat u doin to it shiny???

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ahh, makes sence now. theyve dropped the ports for the long stroke crank, then dropped the tops wiht devcon/jb/chemical metal by the same ammount. problem is this retards the port timings as the longer stroke means the duration on the ports is shorten'd. its probably got lower timings than a stock 172 but as a 55 stroke.

work looks tidy enough, dont know about 1900 quid wiht an engine supplied tho :confused:

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    infact the more i lok at that case the more amature it looks.. not being funny but it doesent even match side to side. theres a convex channel in the begining of the transfer feed (same as psn used to do) wich is just plain too deep... gets me how they come on here, slag me off, give it the old i am i am then charge somone 190 quid to do what looks like an amature job on the cases and have a pro do literally a day's tidying/filling on the barel.. i honestly recon this work was not done by one single person but by a couple people of varying skill levels... not ATALL worth the money they gave for it anyway. i worked it out to atleast 500 quids labour and even then i bet they charged vat on the parts and not just he engine. pisstaking asshole rip off merchant's. gonna be EXPOSED

just incase paul is reading (as i know you are) dont have a wobbely and sighn up wiht some fake account this time.. just come say hi at isle of white.. can call me a scummy chav on benifits ripping people off wiht "shoddy" work in person cant ya... that is if you actually have the balls to step away from your little kiss ass brigade and ENTER THE DYNO SHOOTOUT.

meh.. over ranting about pm.. the pics say it all i recon. ports are done nicely.. rest is SHIT

18. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

maybe their is some logic behind it ??

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, there is a reason, poor tooling/copying other cases and generally taking far too much material out. most crosser's/125 smokers have a similar case desighn as stock.. its JUST because its easier to draw/manufactor.. this is the first thing you do to a crosser engine, fill it all back in and make it all nice an round.

whatever way you look at it a line/grove crossing airflow WILL create turbulance. look at the pic yourself.. doesent even match side to side.. like, BADLY. guess whoever sighned the engine did the engine, then somone else came an sorted the mess he made of the barrel. my guess anyway. can understand dropping the portt hights but wouldent personally put the work into it. would have been easier to just go further on the bottom and machine the base of the barrel/engine if the intention is to keep the timings nice an soft for road. but the exhaust will be a higher duration (probably higher as its obviously been worked over) so retarding the transfers would be backwards tunning. unless the idea is torque at the expense of rpm, but again could have just stuck wiht a short stroke rather than putting ALL that work into the transfers.

maybe there was no spacer plate used and they machined the dome out of the head a little more.... but im going off the point im trying to make. the case is SHIT, its a result of somone going too deep. i HIGHLY doubt the same person who sighned it actually did the ports... i personally think as above.. somone there is nocking out being paid 5er an hour and somone else is making good/doing the internals.. the stub match is a fucking travisty.. i dont care what anybody says about square ports, they DONT flow into a fucking round hole so in this case its POINTLESS. these are ment to be the best in the world afterall? well, so they say.

ah well, will soon see how it go's ay. to think they called me an amature tunning on benifits... sorry right,m but ive done better work after 9 diazepam and a couple olanzipine. surely calling themselves pm tunning is an infringment on the trades description act? LOL

20. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Minor said "maybe there was no spacer plate used and they machined the dome out of the head a little more.... "

If you look carefully at the first pic posted on this thread you can see what looks like a spacer between two base gaskets maybe?

Personally (and I know it`s common practise) i would never use Devcon/JB weld on the ports where it meant leaving a sharp edge exposed to scrape the piston rings, too much risk of it chipping off as the material hardness between an epoxy resin and Nikasil is huge (useing it to fill out flaws or change angles inside the ports on alloy is a different matter perhaps) and it could be argued that the transfers are cooler running but still not something i`d do.

Why lower the transfer timings?The benefit of a stroker crank is to raise the port timings and the timing with a std 52mm crank is short of optimum in both time/area and degrees (if you sit all day and do the math according to Blair/Jennings or use software such as Bimotion or TSR).

Crankcase volume has been lowered by the amount of material removed from the cases (although my theorys and findings tend to err towards it not being that vital as long as the ratio is in the 1.5:1 area currently being favourited).

Agree with Minor it`s confusing set-up to say the least? aiming for a high reving engine by raising the exhaust timings *then lowering the transfers to soften it but in the process increaseing the blowdown?

*Any pics of the exhaust port work Shiny :eh: