Piaggio Zip 50 4t 2008 Speedo problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZipMne, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Hello i have problem with speedometer 9 years i have this scooter and never had any problem with anything and today
    Speedo is slow reacting not working properly km/h pointer im driving maybe 10 it appears 5 or i dont know its not working properly anyone knows how to fix this

2. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Anyone

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Just take the cable apart and give it a good WD-40 down the outer cable protector then put the speedo cable back in side

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Get a new cable,the ones on this model are frankly shite.! -practically hand pressure fit together with a light tap to keep it together - they fall apart quite easily,mine did on my '06'.;).

5. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

I will buy it but will it fix the problem the cable looks ok worked for 5 years with no problem only once i took off the cable because i needed to clean the speedo and when i connected it again it didnt work so good then i put wd40 next day worked little better but again it slow reacting and laging

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    When i took mine out of the speedo drive,the metal end cap (fastened on by x2 'dimples') came off & the inner cable was broken off about 2"'s back.