Piaggio zip 4t

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Matic1234, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Matic1234

Matic1234 Member

I want to upgrade my Piaggio Zip 4t 50cc. I want to replace the cylinder with a bigger one. Can i put on the cylinder from a 100cc zip? What else do i have to change for it to work?

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hi matic and welcome to the shack.

you mostly find the bolt pattern spacing for the cylinders are different so they tend not to be a direct swap over , its how they stop you from just going straight up swap over and gain a extra 50cc capacity for very little. also find that sometimes the 100cc motors are slightly bigger than the 50cc casing due to the larger crank/longer cranks used.

there are big bore kits to fit the zip 4t , both malossi and polini offer a 80cc bigbore kit for the fourstroked zip version , usually these are direct bolt on upgrades but you will be required to do some upjetting on your carb so you get the extra fuel required to get you that extra power from the kit.

3. Matic1234

Matic1234 Member

Is the 80cc top performance kit good? Its 100€ cheaper then the malossi kit.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    it should be fine. what you must remember is, mistreating a top end is going to end up with you having to replace it a lot sooner. having a big bore is not all about raw power, its more about using that extra power when its needed , not hooning around the street at wide open throttle 24/7 ;)

as long as you rejet your carb and treat the top end with respect it should last you a good while. as a fourstroke you will gain a better torque and a slightly more gain in power, fourstrokes produce a lotta torque to thats what your mostly getting and its what carrys the speed for us thumper riders .

5. Matic1234

Matic1234 Member

Ok. Thanks!

6. Matic1234

Matic1234 Member

Is the dr evo 80cc kit better than the top performance one?