Piaggio Vespa - No power...literally!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Dave Crewe, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Dave Crewe

Dave Crewe New Member

Hi guys, I'm new here. I wonder if anybody can help me with a bit of advice. My son'e ET2 has been laid up for about 3 years. It was working fine when it was put into storage. I dusted it off at the weekend and put a new battery on it. The problem is, none of the elctrics seem to be working. There is power at the ignition, but no lights and no power anywhere else. Any advice would be appreciated. I want to get it running for him now that the "Summer" is coming. TIA

Dave

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Lights won't work until the engine is running but you should have a brake light.
    If not, clean the earth point to the engine and frame

3. Dave Crewe

Dave Crewe New Member

Thanks, I now have the engine turning over.! Just need to get some fresh petrol. Does the 2 stroke go in with the petrol on the ET2?

Dave

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It should have seperate 2t oil tank !

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    If you're standing on the left of the bike,lift the seat - where the petrol cap is located/oil filler cap is up and too the left a few inches.;):).
    Stay away from Supermarket 'sludge' get something decent & stick with 'ped 'll love you more in the long run.:):).

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    P.s.,
    Don't know peds year.?,check your gear oil.!! - might be at rear of engine near brake arm/rear drum.left of engine.-likely screw in with 1 inch black plastic handle sticking out.;).