piaggio typhoon 125 martini racing paint job

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Onass, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Onass

Onass New Member

hi

I hope some 1 can offer a little guidance

not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I am new to the whole scooter thing

I have been given a piaggio typhoon 125 martini racing scooter from a family member

[​IMG]

but I am thinking of respraying it black or a mat two tone type thing (black any ways.........:) ) along with some new typhoon type sticker

what is the ball park cost for this type of thing.... primer paint etc.. all in

as the bike is a limited addition so I am told. Would doing this type of pait job (as long as it is done well I hope lolz.........)

Will this devalue the bike over all

to be honest I am not realy sure what it is worth I guess around £500 ish

still a few week until I do my CBT bty

(show how green i am if you have not guessed that by now)

any guidance on this would be of great help

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    To be honest the Martini typhoons are very rare in good condition, take all the body work off and keep it safe and paint up another set of panels. And another thing to remember that the insurance will be more for the Martini coloured typhoon rather than a std coloured one! And another thing, paint it any colour but black, black to me say's "I can't spray to save my life" and black's an easy colour to spray even if Stevie Wonder did it!

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    And another thing, there's a set of 13" nrg Mc2 wheels on ebay that will bolt straight in your typhoon!! Better tyre choice and look fantastic!

4. Onass

Onass New Member

I think new body panels could be the way to go then if a cock it up (and lets face it that is quite possible) I have a fall back set and then I can take my time in doing it

would you happen to know if any set of typhoon body panels would fit on the martini racer

And for the colour after do some more looking last night I am now undecided at the mo but it is not just going to be plain black all over

thanks for the post

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    All the typhoon panels are the same, there is some little differences but nothing to bother you.

6. Onass

Onass New Member

nice 1 ty

another thing :) then

what would be the best place to get some decals

or is it just random searches online till you come across some. Because from what I can see there does not seem to be a lot around :(

7. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Some of the german sites sell decals but not cheap for what they are

I'd pay good money for those panels if you're not a fan:rolleyes:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    do NOT PAINT THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looooool sell em to a deserving scooter owner/part ex for pannels in good nick in need of paint.

9. Onass

Onass New Member

;) nice try but it is sort on an extended lone type thing; mine as long as I want it but not really mine if you know what I mean

when and if I return it

I would like to give it back in it's original state

but I will keep a note if I change my mind at some point in the future :D

10. Onass

Onass New Member

i have come to the same conclusion.

they are hard to get so I would not like to spoil them.

I will keep them in reserve and get some diy stuff

11. Onass

Onass New Member

cool ty

i will see and if i can find some

could you recommend and particular sites/retailers