Piaggio typhoon 125/172

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by pops garage, Apr 6, 2016.

1. pops garage

pops garage New Member

Right here is the little barging I brought for £130 IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    I knew the kid who owned the bike b4 me and I did get put away running (put away in a leaking shed ) yes in a very sorry state and boy iv only dug the surface and found narstys
    Am literally saving this from the scrap man
    Well as any build I got tucked in straight away and started stripping the bike down IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg IMAG0270.jpg IMAG0171.jpg
    Was all going straight forward IMG-20160219-WA0000.jpeg
    Then bam found the wet fish to the face IMAG0283.jpg IMAG0288.jpg IMAG0290.jpg received_10207542455933818.jpeg
    I wasn't happy as I'm sure you all can understand so I had to strip the frame right down to get it sent off for repair IMAG0307.jpg IMAG0306.jpg
    And after a week of waiting and 20. Quid later Screenshot_2016-03-14-16-27-56.png Screenshot_2016-03-14-16-27-52.png
    Very pleased with it and while I was waiting for my frame I tackeled the engine and I will have to save for tomorrow as my phone battery is going to die
    Hope you enjoy any questions don't hesitate to ask

Attached Files:

2. pops garage

pops garage New Member

So wide awake and phones on 83% battery
    So I got up to the engine well as any thing I took transmission cover off to see the damage to the splines on the crank and again and just getting to it found some nastys IMAG0282.jpg IMAG0280.jpg IMAG0279.jpg
    This is pitted way to much to use would just keep shredding belts so fit for the bin (obviously not the clutch) and then IMAG0278.jpg some pitting on vari not good but still 130 quid bike what do I expect
    So after checking all them I whipped the top end off so I could split the bottom end to be fair the bore is still in useable condition well the bike was running when put away but was put away a long time ago
    The piston is worn and was probably on its way out and the head was fine just carbon deposit and tiny bit of detonation IMAG0245.jpg IMAG0247.jpg IMAG0251.jpg IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg
    So with all that off the big end on the crank in fine I just need a proper look so I split the cases IMAG0261.jpg IMAG0265.jpg IMAG0263.jpg
    Right now wouldn't advise useing this crank again as it is pretty worn but as I have 4 engines with 4 standard 125 bores I'm gonna go mad and build something to muck about on hey will cost me nothing why not
    And way so all that split and done at the time I didn't have 4 engines this was my only one
    So I brought a near perfect engine off eBay for £200 as it had all the transmission as well so worked out cheaper then me buying new crank bearings variator rear pulley so yer I brought that
    But the idiot didn't pack it very well and the bottom mount snapped in delivery so he knocked off 40 quid still gutted tho IMAG0317.jpg
    Can't get any other pictures at the moment but if you look at the bitten left of the engine you can see where it snapped so iv got all the internals and a spare top end for my other cases that's sweet and for ;£160 so still doing good so I thought I'd treat her as price was still low to a BOMB PROOF scorpion second hand no dent or dinks £70 but got lied and it had no baffle in it but still good nick IMAG0302.jpg IMAG0304.jpg
    So I got creative and am in the throws of putting the red pm end can that came with the bike and modding it to fit the scorpion exhaust IMAG0325.jpg IMAG0326.jpg
    So any way this has taken me half hour or so to do this i ill carry on when I have time got to get ready for work

Peace out

If any one is actually reading this

Attached Files:

TheBlaumanis likes this.
  3. romain

romain Member

Rides:
    Yamaha tmax
    Hi
    Yep loads to do on your project keep them pics coming

4. rossm

rossm Member

Top work so far keep it up

5. pops garage

pops garage New Member

Cheers guys I will carry on tonight when I finish work

And to be fair it's been put on the back burners as a lot of my money's going into building a work shop but never the less drips and drabbs it will get done its spring and iv got the bug

The whole theam for my bike is going to be

DENNIS THE MENACE BEANO black and red

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

black and red go so well together