Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Piaggio Nrg Power DD 08 Won't move

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Luke Knight, 4 Aug 2013
Luke Knight#1
Hi guys,

New to the forum and looking for a little advice.

I have the above bike, it's had a full top end...and another new piston, But it won't move, It's was fine after topend and piston, then all of a sudden it just went, wouldn't move at all, so I changed and have replaced the clutch, rollers, variator, belt, then it started running fine, next day, nothing. wheels spin and it revs all the way till you build it all back (the back end) i.e parts I have replaced. At a loss at the minute, any help would be greatly appreciated.

And not to jump the gun, but please no silly comments, thanks in advance.
Burridge#2
Silly comments? I don't know what site you think you're on buddy but we don't do that shit.
Right, just put a medium sized potato (not too big or it won't work) under your seat and it should pull fine.

Nar I'll be serious. What weight are your rollers? and make sure they're not sticking, clutch could be slipping but I doubt it, if the engine is running okay then it's more than likely something to do with your transmission.
This is a fairly strange predicament to be fair :p
Nathanael#3
Always had better results with a small aubergine..............
Luke Knight#4
Silly comments? I don't know what site you think you're on buddy but we don't do that shit.
Right, just put a medium sized potato (not too big or it won't work) under your seat and it should pull fine.

Nar I'll be serious. What weight are your rollers? and make sure they're not sticking, clutch could be slipping but I doubt it, if the engine is running okay then it's more than likely something to do with your transmission.
This is a fairly strange predicament to be fair :p

Haha, thanks for the reply man.

Always had 4g rollers, Made sure they are not slipping, we've tried everything we could think of regarding transmission.
And I know, it's very strange...Never had a problem like this before...
Burridge#5
Always had better results with a small aubergine..............
I wasn't gonna let this one out but, if you draw a smiley face on the potato it adds +10bhp
Burridge#6
Haha, thanks for the reply man.

Always had 4g rollers, Made sure they are not slipping, we've tried everything we could think of regarding transmission.
And I know, it's very strange...Never had a problem like this before...
It is strange indeed, if no one else on here can help then I'd swallow my pride and take it to a garage D:
Luke Knight#7
It is strange indeed, if no one else on here can help then I'd swallow my pride and take it to a garage D:

Want to hear the bad news? it's been at a garage for over a month...
Burridge#8
Want to hear the bad news? it's been at a garage for over a month...
... 'kill it, kill it before it reproduces!' springs to mind.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Yamaha Aerox Help1 replies9 Aug 2013
Electric start fixed!0 replies9 Aug 2013
Need some help piaggio engine0 replies9 Aug 2013
Engine help:)2 replies8 Aug 2013
Gilera Runner 125 maintenance2 replies7 Aug 2013
NOT MY DAY!!!9 replies6 Aug 2013
Squeeling engine sound4 replies6 Aug 2013
Honda ps 125 fuel filter3 replies6 Aug 2013
Str8 Mesh2 replies5 Aug 2013
After some transmission advice.6 replies5 Aug 2013