Piaggio electrical problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by garethm566, Mar 1, 2012.

1. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    have you checked the actual brake light bulb ?

2. hoojy

hoojy New Member

yes mate i have ive tried everything and im starting to majourly stress about the whole thing likespropper need some advice

3. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    are all the connections corrosion free around the brake light

4. hoojy

hoojy New Member

yes like i say i have replaced the whole loom with a brand new one :L

5. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    oh right , its baffled me now to be honest , has the actual rear light been changed as it may be the light unit it self that is faulty

6. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    with a simple screwdriver type circuit tester, check theres power to the +ve where it goes into the light connector, clip the croc clip to earth (obviously when the brake levers pulled). If it lights up you know you've got power that far along the loom...then check the same in the light fitting itself where the bulb attaches....that'll eliminate the fitting...then theres only the bulb left to be at fault (even new ones can be faulty!)

[​IMG]

steveaerox50 likes this.
  7. hoojy

hoojy New Member

got the problem fixed guys had to connect all the wires from the 2stroke bottle up for it to work :L silly design if you ask me o well least its done now haha

8. hoojy

hoojy New Member

nope problems back again well sort of anyway :L got the indicators working and the rear light wired up new front indicators and now the sodding things dont work properly i can get either the front or rear to work at the same time but never both :L any ideas

9. Jonathan123321

Jonathan123321 Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    by any chance have u got led indicators, it could be your regulator because they have a built in flasher relay which runs the indicators. I havent read the whole post so i dont know if you have changed it. but regulators can do many weird things with indicators. for example when my reg blew. it was flashing the front right but rear left haha. People didnt know were i was going :L If i was you id change that. Good luck