Peugeot Zenith M Seat Latch/Lock

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Wizard2003, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Wizard2003

Wizard2003 Member

Hi, I recently got my old scooter out of storage (my dads garage) its been sitting there unused for around 8 years or more! I've restored it and re-sprayed it but the only thing missing is a linkage between the seat key lock and the latch!

I was hoping someone on here might have or had a Zenith and could maybe upload a pic of it or try and describe it as I can't find out anywhere what it is or what it looks like.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    the one on the left is the seat latch lock ;)

oh and welcome to the scooter shack Wizzy

Attached Files:

3. Wizard2003

Wizard2003 Member

Thanks for the quick reply tamiyacowboy, but I meant the bit that attaches that to the latch!

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
  5. Wizard2003

Wizard2003 Member

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your welcome wizzy ;)

what about using something like a manual cable op carb choke lead , hooking that to the seat catch mech and adding a stealthy leaver hidden away. could leave the seat lock in place making it look like the seat lock is in use but infact theres a secret leaver that opens it instead ;)

theres a few scooters that have a cable opperated seat latch system , your would be a non standard add on for ease and saves you shedding out trying to find something to replace the old unit

7. Wizard2003

Wizard2003 Member

Never thought of that! :) That's another option to look at. I'll wait a day or two and see if anyone has any pics etc.

Thanks for your help and advice

8. 5valve

5valve New Member

Did you manage to fix the unlocking fuction?
    Still figuring out how to connect lock to latch, while having all needed parts.