Peugeot vivacity 100cc immobilizer problem??

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by lee kiddo, May 22, 2017.

1. lee kiddo

lee kiddo New Member

hey, I have a peugeot vivacity 100cc
    i was on the way home the other night and i pulled over to answer my text, switched off my engine and then it wouldn't start again after that.. the immobilizer light stopped flashing when the key was out of the ignition. the light would only flash when the key i turned off position. i had to push the bike home. the next morning it fired but did not start. the immobilizer light turned on for a few seconds when the bike was turned on then goes out. when the key is out the ignition the light will lash for a few seconds ( 5 seconds) some times. the spark i very week and we have tried multiple leads and coils and spark plugs, but only 1 spark plug will would work was a champion one, it started but wouldn't rev and wouldn't tick over properly unless full throttle but, then it would splutter.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    You can buy a new immobilser bypass (off ebay) which is a direct plug in for your Vivacity 100 - it literally is a plug in and go,had one on mine.
    AC100 - ' bout £50 or less including postage .

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    if the immobiliser has gone bad, it will start, but it won't rev over 2000rpm. Do you have the red master key that came with your bike? If so, you may be able to reprogram the black key if the chip in the black key has lost its code.

4. swrk

swrk Member

Thank you and on the back of the variator is a gold plate holding on by 3 screws is that a restrictor like the ones on the speedfight 2 ?
    This is his brother btw :)

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yes the back plate holding the rear of the variator slide plate is known to be a restrictor in speedys.

removal is at your own risk, if you remove and run bike make sure you have torqued the fixed half pulley bolt onto the crank with the correct NM rate, if that nut comes off when your running you can ruin the splines cut into the crank and that means a whole engine strip and replacing of a crank.

DO NOT go balls to the wall. ride bike upto its usual 30mph where it then stops going any faster, then just allow it to start to pick up, see if the bike is willing to push beyond the 30mph restiction , if it does and goes up thats all good, wind it upto max rpm then ride home slowly at 30mph. remove the side cover and CHECK variator and fixed pulley half for any movement - binding - grinding

6. swrk

swrk Member

It's a 100cc so it dose 60 with the plate on so just get to 60 then see if it goes over then check and the spline is already abit stripped from last owner but it still bolts on only with no movement

7. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    i doubt moving the rear plate will have much affect , better thing to do would be swap out to a multivar 2000 or a polini HS variator

the change in ramp angles will help with take off and the variator face will maybe eak a extra 50-10mph out