Peugeot Starting Problem !! electics, silly oil light

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by chizzy93, Sep 25, 2009.

1. chizzy93

chizzy93 New Member

Hi, i have got a Peugeot Speedfight 2 100cc scooter 2002 model. When trying to start the scooter, by pressing the electric start the motor, it doesnt kick in, alls that happens is a red oil light comes on, on the dash, which then goes off once the elec start button is released.

I have rang the dealership and they said it could be the relay box going to the starter motor, i have tested this and the relay is fine.

The 2 stroke oil is full too the top

Peugeot Technical said pull the brake lever in a try and start, still nothing, jus the same light.

The motor did work last week, it turned the engine over fine, come 2 use it and i get nothing but this light, the motor is fine, jus this slight electrics problem.

The battery is also a new one. does the same problem with the old battery too.

Any body shared the same problem ? any infomation please, thanks in advance

2. connor

connor Active Member

BATTERY! i think anyway?

3. chizzy93

chizzy93 New Member

ive got 3 batterys ,it does the same with all the batterys , its not the battery

4. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    on my mates speedfight his oil light comes on when its not started as does my runner

once its started they turn off after about 2-3 seconds? theres deffo oil in there aswell..

are you holding in the break lever when you push the electric start button?

5. chizzy93

chizzy93 New Member

right you put the key in the igniton, and nooo lights, once u press the electric start this light comes on then goes off once u released the button, it wont start because something is not triggering the motor soo noo sounds of the motor kicking in, and yess i do hold the brake lever in too.

6. chizzy93

chizzy93 New Member

any body help ? thnks

7. jack madel

jack madel New Member

it could be the rear brake light sensor not working! dont know how to explain it but basicaly if its not working then the slectric start wont work as the bike does not register that you are pulling in the brake

8. Tru

Tru Member

Rides:
    piaggo zip 50
    well i got a speedfight and my oil light comes on all the time when i start it dunno if that helps but thats what mine does.

9. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    well i havn't read the other replies but how it should be is you put the key in, turn fully clockwise and the dash gauges will come on and the oil light will stay on until the engine in running, if it says on you're out of oil.
    That was probably no help at all was it? :grin:

10. Tru

Tru Member

Rides:
    piaggo zip 50
    no rick i;m talking about when i first start mine the oil light comes on put flashes then goes out how it should do.

11. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    just grab a battery, connect 2 wires to it, apply the positive wire to the positive terminal on the starter motor and the negative wire from the battery to any (ground) surfacew of the starter motor.

if it spins then the starter is fine and i place my bet on the relay.

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    id say starter myself... but lets start again..

does your break light work? if not fix this and it should make the relay click... if the relay doesent click its the relay.. if the relay clicks do as mick describes and check the motor manually..

one thing people have forgotten is the shitty speedy immobiliser.. maybe this has clicked in? common and it would do exactly this.. have yopui changed locks/keys recently?

13. chizzy93

chizzy93 New Member

the relay does click, can hear the sound, no locks havent been changed

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    starter motor is fucked then.. try it wiht a battery directly to the wires.. doubt it tho. relay clicking and no spin usually means fucked motor