Peugeot Speedfight 3 125? Is it reliable? Should I buy one?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by dexterford, Mar 1, 2016.

1. dexterford

dexterford New Member

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

keep it maintained well and it should be good. remember to clean it regular too or you will get rust.

3. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    Hi and welcome aboard - just read a report on the speed fight 125 - an attractive looking scoot with 10.45 horsepower - air cooled engine with a carburettor - plus point is very strong brakes - personally I prefer fuel injection and a water cooled engine - as already stated keep it nice and it's good to go

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the brakes are not as good as you would think.... ive only ridden the 50cc versions, but same brakes.... (except the back) and the suspension is a bit hard (most scoots are like that!)

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

most scooters ride the same really anyway, see if you can get a test ride on a few and see how you get on with them, thats the best advice i can give you, and probably the best advice you will get.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

my scoot (70cc tomos) has 16" wheels, and is great to ride, compared to say a zip or something, which has tiny pizza cutter wheels. bigger wheels mean you dont feel all the little bumps and whatnot on the road, potholes are less of a danger and the list goes on, my little scoot can go offroad, like through deep water, up mountains, through deep mud, snow, ice anything, try going through mud on a zip and the front end is all wishy-washy, same applies to oil on the road, bigger wheels make it a bit more stable.

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    SYM or Kymco any day!

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    TGB are uber on reliabillity regarding engine - hit 65+ & twin shock (particularily with Delivery) incredibly stable + turn on a 6 pence.semi unbreakable plastics(easy clean). in low speed boo boos,HAS THE TOP BOX.:):):).
    Piaggio Fly,relitively cheap,fitted with rear attach.in order to easily slide box on an off,hit pretty much 70 dead on a silky smooth engine.,watch cleaning plastics/mind.wrong materials = s.....ds of micro scratches.

9. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    I own a Sym Citycom 300i and it's a good quality machine - if you opt for larger wheels there is normally a compromise in under seat storage - they definitely handle better than smaller wheeled scooters - as stated by " marsh" Kymco is another decent brand - I don't know the specifications of the Sym and Kymco however disc brakes front and rear is preferable to a disc/drum combination - I would choose between these two brands and opt for the one with more power and superior specification - remember to haggle with the dealer regarding price and extras - even a topbox thrown in for free is a bonus - good luck and please let us know which one you finally choose

10. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    Just read a review of that scooter - a couple used it two up on the back of their motorhome - suspension can't be too bad if it copes with a rider and pillion

11. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    What do you mean the Peugeot is the same as the Sym - at the price of these scooters you are never going to get quality suspension

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

probably be the same in all fairness, but you can buy aftermarket rear shocks for any bike.....

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Peugeot scooters aren't peugeot, they're Sinnis. Re-badged.

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

everything these days is something else rebadged...

15. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    So are they Sinnis or Sym

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

a tiny bit, although you probably wont notice it

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

is the s1 like the s2 (250cc)? we had one at work, really nice big scoot, plenty of storage, the underseat bit was huge, bigger room than a piaggio x9 250. another you could look at is the honda silverwing, you will get a good used one for the price of a new sym or whatever. honda did a 2t scoot too, if you are looking at a bit more speed, odd motor, only scoot i can think of with a powervalve.

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ah yeah, reminds me of the yamaha cygnus a bit

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

naver ran denso, so cant say, but NGK are very good, they last a long time, almost change and forget these days!

20. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Its because the scooter scene has changed loads over the past few years and the ones still here are moving on to big bikes etc like many more members have.. we kinda grow up and grow out of scooters. That and not everybody has time to be on here.