Peugeot speedfight 2 50cc ac noise

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Paul1978, Feb 24, 2017.

1. jim231187

jim231187 Member

2. Paul1978

Paul1978 Member

No worries got kit today from ped parts

Took the gearbox housing off today to drain oil and oil has metal fillings in again not much just can see in the oil and both output shaft bearings feel rough again ??????

3. Paul1978

Paul1978 Member

Well just an update got engine back in Friday night with a new piston crank bearings and new crank seals and new reed valve
    Been running it in since then with idling and cool down and about 3 rides know more than 30mph ZZZZzzzz with a few full throttle bursts can not believe your supposed to do this for 500miles !!!
    Anyway noise still there which I believed it would be but at least it starts better after new crank seals
    I still believe it's coming from gearbox
    But after spending this on it already I'll live with it until it gets worse

4. Paul1978

Paul1978 Member

IVE FIXED NOISE!!!! It was the gearbox shafts got 2nd hand ones off eBay for £15 delivered off a 2011
    the only one not replaced is the one with the clutch on

Stevep likes this.
  5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Sounds like scuba was right then;)

6. Paul1978

Paul1978 Member

Yep he was right in one post the other 2 posts he thought was crank bearings (but its not very easy to diagnosis on a forum lol) think it was the middle gear though as when inspected against other the gear looked more
    Worn but looked ok on its own.im just so glad its sorted thanks for all your help peolpe

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. jim231187

jim231187 Member

Hi, glad you finally got to the bottom of it :) unfortunatly for me my garage got broken into and they stole my bikes so my scooter days are over (for the time being) managed to get one back though jumped the cunt while he was riding it around ;)

8. Paul1978

Paul1978 Member

Scum bags hope you gave him a good punch/kick to the face in the process