Peugeot speedfight 100cc restricted??? HELP

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by paul2k11, Feb 12, 2017.

1. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Hi I tried today it started first kick bogged when I put throttle on kicked again , let it tick over to let petrol through had a go on it for about 10 min and same result (40mph) 42 max as needle goes a little over sometimes. It could only be these melted wires or CDI due to these wires touching, it was caused by water cause when I first looked a 3 wire connecter was dripping and I just followed and one wire from the block goes to the CDI it's a blue and yellow the other 2 are white and one yellow

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

The white and yellow wires don't go to CDI yellow goes to a solder of a bunch of yellows and white goes to a little box maybe regulator ,when I cut a bit of rubber casing they don't look healthy as in colour wise two have the strands of black wire and the blue/yellow looks to be bronze rather than shiny wire it's supposed to be

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  3. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Sorry one is white and one yellow

4. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Cleaning carb has solved the starting.

scubabiker likes this.
  5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    possible its the loom/cdi then its hard to tell . but if you have blackened wires its highly likely something got damaged.

paul2k11 likes this.
  6. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Should I try trace the 3 back to try get back to good wire if possible as a last resort, then if not replace CDI.

7. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

I'm not 100% sure but if the blue and yellow is pick up pin then it may not be letting enough power through to CDI but as I say not sure if pick up goes to CDI haha.