Peugeot Speedfight 100 Complete Strip and Rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Stevep, May 25, 2020.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The exhaust, do all the 100cc ones go like that? It's real short from the piston to the start of the muffler... Did you notice that?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What camera set up are you using Steve? My buddy and I want to try and film the charity bike build, give a bit of insight into life with autism and how it is for him to learn new things

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

It's my Xaomi Redmi 8T phone camera, set at HD 720p at 30fps. Bloody good camera, loads of options on it. Practically the same camera as the Huawei
    BUT......the next lot of videos will be in 1080p at 60fps

Plus one of these: [​IMG]

Never really noticed about the exhaust......

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

New video added, more to come once I've done some editing

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

More to come tomorrow................including the COMPRESSION TEST!!!!:D:D:D:D

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

More videos

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

The compression test

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

11. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Little update
    Changed most the pins in the multiplugs, we now have it turning over on the electric start, got indicators, got horn, got brake light, and more importantly WE HAVE A SPARK!!!!
    Wheels are now painted with new rubber on them.......
    More videos to come soon......

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

So, the ignition coil decided to pack up on this current project
    while I'm waiting on new coils to arrive, thought I'd start on the Yamaha Aerox 100, see whats what with that.
    Surprisingly it runs; carb jetting is out of whack, but that's nothing major, new air filters should be here later today so I can re-jet to suit the new filter. Needs a few things but again, nothing that's not easily sourced. Might stick on this one for a few days while it's on the ramp, get everything sorted, then maybe run it in for MOT.
    Then re-spray it and up for sale

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

So, it turns out that the coil wasn't the only thing that had packed up, the CDI has also gone cattywampus on me:mad:
    After testing the wiring and stator and pick-up and finding everything ok there, there could only be one solution to still no spark, the CDI.
    The problem is ( was ) ( I shall come to the solution ), this bike has the separate immobiliser on it so need to find a way around it without spending major bucks on a new cdi unit.

Then I came across this:

http://www.stenberg.dk/ACE400.htm

This shows how to bypass the immobiliser using a speedfight 50 2T cdi (BTW, Speedfight 50 cdi £6.50 new from Ped P )
    AND IT WORKS:cool::cool::cool:
    All credit to Asger Stenberg of Denmark for the above

The speedy 100 is now sparking again like a good 'un

My new problem is............ I've killed the piston..........:(:(:(

15. markymark2

markymark2 Member

love your enthusiasm but if there ever was a 2t scoot not worth the bother it`s the ac Peugeot/Honda vertical ones , god that engine is garbage.

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

@markymark2
    You seem to have missed the point of these builds.
    They are not about tuning, or whether the engines are worth doing, or whether they are crap or not.
    They are about showing people how to go about doing things, that with a few simple tools, some patience and learning, that even a novice with no knowledge can fix their own scooters and save a lot of money in labour charges.

17. markymark2

markymark2 Member

just pointing out that best to avoid the AC Vertical Peugeot/Honda units if you are looking to tune , as you say great for showing how to work on etc, just not good to throw hard earned money at as far as tuning goes , I`m sure that many people will find these guides are great for helping the owner to save time and money , well done.