Peugeot Ludix Snake 50, rapid;)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by kylespeedfight, Apr 25, 2013.

1. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Engines out, cos my mate borrowed my ped and somehow managed to snap the exhaust outlet off my barrel, looking at rebuilding it with a Motoforce 50cc Sports Top End, while engines out im going to strip and spray the cases and have a go at polishing the tranny cover, and im going to remove the silly air pump and block it off with a stage 6 cover:)

lee mason likes this.
  2. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    been a loooooooong time since ive even looked at the Ludix since i bought a Runner, but i thought ill have a play with it tonight. No pics till tomorrow, but ive managed to fit (bodge) a set of Runner forks on with big disk brake, runner wheel, and new brembo caliper, it looks shaweeeeeet!:p Ive also got an evo mudguard for the runner forks but i cant make my mind up if i want it on or not -.-

To get the runner forks on i had to make a shim. Cos the steerer tube on runner forks are longer, the threaded headset locking rings are further up. So i just cut out a piece of tubing from my old BMX frame (snapped due to being pro;)) Then tightened the locking rings, used a BMX stem and they work perfect!

Does anyone know if a Runner drum back wheel would fit the peugeot engine?

And im thinking of jacking it up quite high,and might even graft some panels off another scooter onto the back of the ludix as it looks bare. Still not bought a barrel yet, any money ive had has gone into getting the Runner ready for the MOT.

Also, can forks be lowered?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Fk. watching the news the news with my breakfast this morning!,
    Think i'll clock onto this for a gander,sweeeeeet. :D .

kylespeedfight likes this.
  4. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    only pic i managed to get, was took at 1 in morning so sorry for quality and darkness haha

WP_20130704_005.jpg

5. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    yeah its been a while since ive even touched the Ludix, its been abandoned in the back of my shed, but i got bored earlier and ive got loads of spare runner parts so i though ill try grafting some parts onto the ludix?

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Looking at a bowl of cornflakes,10fags,working out budget,fitting work an studies in,
    avoiding my ex-girlfriend an .........,
    Or cheering myself up no-end by seeing some of your work (an dreaming of possibilities!),
    Hummmh,hard 1 that!. :D .

7. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    haha thanks mate:)

8. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    think ive destroyed the crank now -__- decided to split my engine to give the cases a full clean up, using a drill and a wire brush attachment, cleaned up very well! cases look new! haha:) tried reinstalling the crank and it just wont go into the seals fully, been trying to knock it in with a hammer and its just no happening. Its mushroomed the end of the crank over where the flywheel nut stays. If any unexpected money comes ill get a new crank, if not then ill just file this one and hope for the best haha

9. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    also noticed my newish rollers are already seriously flat spotted! why is this?

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Not every batch is perfect! :) .

11. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    they came free with my exhaust anyway so not that bothered haha

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Lucky you!,
    All I get free nowadays is ultrafast service on receiving bill!!!!!,
    1 minute it's yes,yes,yes i'll be able to get her taxed/insured next week,yipee!!!,
    Next minute/post arrives....................smeg!. :D .

kylespeedfight likes this.
  13. fins50

fins50 New Member

what tyres you got on that bike ? and any cheap performance exhaust anyone recommends, one more thing i need a battery cover for my ludix and there £60 on ebay which is a scam, anyone no any places ? plus your ludix is sexy

14. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    continetal tires fitted to that scooter.

preformace exhausts technigas - leo vince are two of the cheapest about but they still command a price of around £80 , ebay is a sneeky money pit, other way would be trawling local- country wide breakers yards plenty of scooters get wrote off due to accident damage and the breakers yards keep these to resell as spare repairs

15. roniweaver

roniweaver New Member

Nice progress.