Peugeot Ludix Snake 50, rapid;)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by kylespeedfight, Apr 25, 2013.

1. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Was bored earlier so took my time to fully rewire the scooter and put the battery in properly as it was all lying in my belly pan tiewrapped in. After doing this i re routed my throttle cable to a better position. Blocked off the silly air pump with two bolts and half cleaned my engine with petrol, a rag and an old toothbrush haha. Didnt replace the back side panels or back mudguard, or airbox as it looks better without and cos ive upjetted it quite high i think ill go for an open air filter, not that you would see it, as ive had an idea. Switch my inlet round 180 degrees and have my carb above the head inside the footboard. This should be a better idea as ill have a perfect gravity flow from my tank and a bigger space near the back wheel and less cables and pipes haha. Also looking for a place to move my electric oil pump to.

2. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    How hard was it

3. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    how hard was what haha

4. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    managed to get my back light mounted properly:) also got a new reg plate and ive had to use to L brackets to mount it above my rear light for now until i make a proper mount somewhere. Got a problem, my carb float bowl has a crack in it so im losing petrol quite fast. So has anyone got a spare carb or a spare float bowl for a gurtner 17mm carb? If not id happily buy a different carb as gurtners are shite haha

5. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The Bus Atm :(
    Got a 17.5mm BGM carb NEW for sale if you want it has a 95 main jet in it though so u will need to re jet it for your engine. Also when you said you rotated your inlet 180 so its over your cylinder head, isnt that a big problem waiting to happen KABOOMMM ! even more so that your float bowl is leakin fuel :eek:

6. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    How much mate? Id have to get a 70 jet for it. And ive not flipped the manifold yet, but when i do im putting something between the carb and barrel.

7. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    Re doing the wiring

8. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Not hard for me, ive been studying auto electics at college for last 3 years. Whats up with your wiring?

9. SF RIDER

SF RIDER Member

Rides:
    The Bus Atm :(
    i'll pm you, and yeah best to protect the carb from the heat or your ped can blow more than just its own head off loool !

kylespeedfight likes this.
  10. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    Nothing lol just sumate ive always dreaded lol

11. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    ill make sure i mount it so its away from the barrel as much as i can haha

12. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    ahhh well wirings easy pal if you ever break a wire then join it with a crimp haha

13. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Temporarily fixed my carb by melting it together, its hard work trying to have a project thats got to be on the road every day, thats why it look stupid at the minute. Some pics:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also my mates told me this is an MOT failure of my horn being in my knee sheild, but dont see why it would fail, hes not a smart person but could anyone tell me if this is okay or would fail?

image.jpg

Dont laugh please :L

14. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    As long as it works and is save it will pass lol n can i ask my viva after about five mins of riding it cut out any surgestion its had a new spark plug well twi new ones lol

15. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Anyone know if its possible to fit a piaggio nrg engine in a ludix? I know you can fit them in speedfights but dont know if they make mounts for a ludix

16. millsy

millsy "MORE SMOKE MORE POKE" ;)

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    am i right in thinking that speedfight, ludix, viva city have the same engine so would mount the same ?
    if thats the case use the speedfight mount ?

17. sino

sino Andrew

Rides:
    motorcycle
    YOO
    YOO i fitted ludix forks in my speedfight 1 they dont fit !!!

18. sino

sino Andrew

Rides:
    motorcycle
    there engines are yamaha style mounts you cannot fit there engines into speedfights with mods you can fit a nrg engine :)

19. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Nah ludixes have a horizontal engine with the mount on top whereas speedfights and vivacitys have vertical engines, and id need to modify my mount to fit an nrg engine cos the mounts at the bottom of a piaggio engine

20. kylespeedfight

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    They should do with maybe different bearings and ludix bars?