Peugeot Kisbee Derestrict Problems

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by LewisE@, Dec 29, 2016.

1. LewisE@

LewisE@ New Member

My bike has this engine http://www.lexmoto.co.uk/part_ENG005.php, it currently has a maximum speed of 28MPH. I can't find a CDI to fit this bike at all! Also, when the blue wire is cut, the bike only goes to 15MPH. Any way to de-restrict this bike?? Thanks.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    ok this is a DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

You must be over the age of 16yrs to ride a derestriced machine and myself and scootershack will not be held to account for anything that goes wrong with your scooter or licencing if you were to be pulled over and found riding not to your licence specifications.

this is from peugeot, but please do not take my word on it. ( cdi derestriction )

To derestrict, the blue wire coming from the CDI unit is disconnected at the bullet connector. The wire that comes from the speed sensor in the housing is simply tied back into the loom. Best to tape the connector.

The blue wire from the CDI unit now needs a switched live. It is reccomended to splice into the black wire with a grey trace on the CDI unit to get the switched live.

the reason why the bike cuts to 15mph is because its not been tied to a switched live.

LewisE@ likes this.
  3. LewisE@

LewisE@ New Member

Thanks mate ill give this a try!

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    the cdi is only part of a derestriction . there are other areas that need to be tended to also.

as your allowing the motor to rev higher its going to require a little extra fuel by means of what we call and re-jet.
    this requires you to open up the carb and replace the stock main jet with one slightly bigger (7% to10% bigger ) so if you had a 62 main jet size you would be looking at around a 68 or even a 70 main jet.

re-jetting is not as simple so you may wish to have a bike shop do this derestriction for you and while at it upjet the carb to suit. dealers will usually charge between £40-60 to do this , but its worth phoning them to get a price first.

speed wise its going to be around 40-45mph once derestiction takes place BUT as a 16yr old your limited to a 30mph machine. if your caught doing 40mph even on a 40mph road and your pulled over the police will check your licence and age see your bikes been upgraded and that means your insurance then becomes invalid and your licence invalid due to the derestrction and the bike now traveling more than the set 30mph speed limit for a young rider.

at 17yr old you can ride a derestricted scooter upto a 125cc ( if your licence states you can) BUT your insurance should be told and the dvla about the changes to power made to the bike/scooter.

if you do this work yourself any warenty given to the bike could become invalid, so its sometimes best to have the shop do this adjustment for you and still retain the warenty.

5. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    I own a derestricted ped what's the worst thing that could happen if i got caught going over 30 as im currently 16.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Bike impounded, insurance invalidated, license revoked, fined, banned for riding with no insurance and not in compliance with your license restrictions,
    Depends on plod and how bad a day he is having.
    Also depends on your attitude if/as/when you get pulled............if you get pulled at all.
    Most likely to get pulled if there is a group of you all ragging around on loud scooters acting the idiots and behaving stupidly, wheelies and the like.
    As a single rider who is just keeping up with the traffic flow, and not being an arse, shouldn't be a problem, probably won't even look at you.

MARSH likes this.
  7. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    I'm just a casual rider to commute to school and back. I would get it restricted but dont know what the previous owner had changed to it.

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    like steve says,

do not ride like a fool, enjoy your scooter, when you hit 17yr old theres not much to worry about, its only when you let that little devil on your shoulder egg you on to do stupid things.

as it was deresrticted before you got it you can play dumb , but ride sensible and you should not even get looked at, stick to the rules of the road ride safe and defensively , dress wise good boots / trousers / jacket / gloves and you helmet, DO NOT even in the summer ride without your gear. a biker thats dressed for riding will not be looked at, but if your tearing round in shorts n shirt expect to be pulled over at some time and given a word or two on safety gear and why you should be wearing it.

recap :

dress correctly
    ride safely
    NO HOONING
    keep on the right side of the law ( road signs - traffic lights etc etc )

and you should all well and good be fine

Stevep likes this.
  9. Sam Davis

Sam Davis New Member

Iv also got a 50cc kisbee 4 stroke 66 plate, any idea on the variator, is it a washer or plate that can be removed?