Pest The Passat

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by scootzmadness, Apr 13, 2016.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Righto.
    With my recent accident meaning I cant drive a manual or ride a bike, I had to sell the Rangers and the little fiesta I had. I needed something that will happily get me around as well as be able to cope with a lot of motorway journeys up to Blackpool. Something that Is safe enough for me to be happy to take the kids in with plenty of boot space for the buggies. Something that is easy to obtain parts for and not over the top like a BMW or Audi. Easy for me to get in and out of and not TOO much of a handful so it can be driven by my lady friend.
    So..... Introducing Pest The Passat.
    pest.png
    Of 2004 Vintage with a 2.5 V6 under the bonnet. Not the original engine or gearbox but a well done conversion, Registered as a 2.0 (yes I'm changing that with the DVLA and insurance know about it) I was sold it believing it was a 2.0 (I bought it in the dark off a friend and didn't open the bonnet :oops: ) It has a full leather interior with heated driver and passenger seats.
    I'm going to be doing a few jobs to it once I'm physically able to. I plan to change the wheels for some Alloys off of a later model, the steelys and wheel trims let the car down big time.
    The rear windows will be very slightly tinted and the rear lights converted to LEDs. The indicators in the wing mirrors will also be changed to LEDs. The headlights will be defogged and Probably go the Xenon or HID route with some Cree spotlights replacing the original fog lamps.
    Other than that, It will get a general service and a good valet.

BunnyMum likes this.
  2. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    yer its fairly quick. I wouldn't put a new driver in the drivers seat of it thats for sure. But I'm not hooning about in it tbh. Its just a nice comfortable daily.
    I've just put the set of 17"s alloys that came with it on. They fill the arches nicely but dont look really stupid. I've been there and done that with the Big alloys, Low profile tyre thing and it was more of a ball ache than it was worth. Not a comfortable ride either.

3. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Not done a whole lot to the car since I've had it.
    Got a VDRN not too long ago for rear passenger side tyre being worn beyond legal limit, Been too ill to go and get it sorted so it sat on drive.
    Booked in for new rear tyres on Friday.