Ped Wont Start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by lay-16, Sep 21, 2007.

1. lay-16

lay-16 New Member

right as it says^^^^

my ped wont start after i come back from town the day in the rain and when i got back i left my ped outside in my garden for bout 20misn in the rain and i went to go out nd start it and it wont it kicks over few seconds then stops!!! :rtfm:

wtf can i be ????

2. lay-16

lay-16 New Member

no 1 help me then :( :( :( :( :( :(

3. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

is it still rainin at yours :rtfm: :rtfm:
    your spark plug is wet :D
    take it out dry it off stick it over the cooker slap it back in then start it :pimp: :pimp:

4. tweak

tweak Member

Phantom's are bastards for making goldfish happy in the airbox, what a ridiculous place to put it! Same as the Aerox/Jog etc but because the phantom's front panel has a grille in it and half way along the belly pan theres a huge great big hole the water just pisses into the airbox.

So

take the belly pan off, undo the airbox, clean and dry the filter, take the carb off, (there'll be water in it from the filter causing starting problems) clean that out and clear the jets. Then put it all back clean and dry, turn the motor over a few times with the kickstart without the ignition on (fills carb up) then strike it up.

I've done this on my Foggy Rep under a bridge in monsoon weather after attempting to jetski home from a Derby to Lincoln run.

5. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    lol, i distinctly remember you arriving back looking like a drowned rat.

also spray WD-40 round the HT cap and the CDI, just dispels water.

6. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

tweak is 100% right about that

my old aerox was an absoulute f***ing nightmare for not starting when it had been cleaned with the hose or out in the wet these air boxes can accumlate loads of water if there not sealed properly or onto the carb properly eithier

my advice would be to by a brand new airbox, as my nitro's air box is pretty good considering its the same motor, probably because it has been used less then the aerox one

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    bit OTT getting a new airbox just because the old one is wet.

8. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    yeh lol, might aswell get a respray as well seeing as the paints got wet.

9. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

no, sorry, i just remember how much of a bitch the rox was to start after it had been soaked - i was late for work twice and had a bollockin of my boss, and theres me trying to explain my "airbox got wet wen i washed it"

I was being a little ott because i remmber how pissed off i was lol when it kept happenening, you all know how embarrassing it feels kick starting a ped at the side of a road cos it wont run,

I wish i had bought a newer one for it instead of waiting ages for my old faulty one to dry out

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    use a pipe to divert air from under the main pannel,s where water cant get and you wont have this problem

11. Nrg-Jay

Nrg-Jay New Member

This is a common problem with aeroxs, someone told me that they have a tendency to crack and split open ?

12. tweak

tweak Member

Its actually the seam where the two halves of the airbox join, as it faces forward and not to the side, plus the seal 9 times out of 10 is fucked up when people put it back together as they don't know what they are doing or just careless.

The airbox inlet point is on top and facing toward the barrel, just tweak it round 90degrees so it faces backward.

:nerd: been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc with this problem.

13. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

same thing what happened to my air box, the actual plastic had a tiny hole in it and the rubber seam was flaky

now i just wash my bike with the engine running just incase it ever happened again - although its never happened to my new bike *touches wood*

14. lay-16

lay-16 New Member

ryt i clean my air filter so now me ped runs for longer but still cuts out :rtfm: so do you think afta ive clean the carb it will run nomal as ever again ??????

15. Alpha

Alpha New Member

Rides:
    Got 40 bikes to play
    Yup, there is probably water in the float bowl.

16. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    give the jets a blast with air duster as well. or any sort of pressurised oil (WD40, contact cleaner)

17. daveNRGdt

daveNRGdt Member

This thread is 10 years old so he's probably sorted by now

18. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I wonder if the bike still exists

19. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    lol, didn't notice, I was searching about carbs