passed my bike test

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by m1ck_t, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Didn't see this, just thought it was a topic moved but it's different :confused:cratch:

Well done mate, and a bike for free too! Nice paint scheme, good little bike, if I were going for a 400 it would be similar, gotta love old school :cool:

Milage is good for the age. My CBR 1991, bought it on 25k miles and the Duke 1996 had 19k miles on when I bought it, they are out there :cool:

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    i had the option of buying a 54 reg R6

but i honestly prefer the cbr that i now have, not because it was free but i really like the old school fact about it. the age does show in some places where the paint has started to crack on the surface. had a change of heart and decided to have the parts that need doing painted, got better things to spend 350 on, like a pipe :drool:

3. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit

well thats confirmed my thoughts. will probs not even bother with the rearsets yet anyway :unsure:

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you can spend pointless ammounts on bikes.. if they work, andare comfy then leave em be

with SUCH a large ammoutn of possible mods i stick to the addage "function befor form" if the rearsets are uncomfy mod them.. if there useless replace them. if they work leave em well alone. if it rides nice leave it be... id personally sling a pipe and 4 filters at it, dyno it and leave it there. make it pritty if you like, but there prity crackin as is.

5. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

So true.....

My CBR already had rearsets on when I bought it so I cant really comment on how much difference they made, but if your pegs keep hittin the deck get them changed, more of a problem on 400's apparantly.

Definatly whack a slip-on on it, personally I wouldnt bother with a filter but if I was going to it'd definatly be a panel filter rather than pod filters, dont wanna lose the box.

Good to see you've spent money on giving it a nice service rather than tarty bits ;)

6. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    yep , got a can and joiner pipe on the way , a beowulf one, apparently they are well nice.
    not too keen on the filters as i cbb to take it to dyno ,rejet etc...

the stock rearsets are good as gold but thought the aftermarket ones look tasty, replaced the brake and clutch leavers as they were worn and instantly feel an improvement. replaced the self tappers with some i got from shiney red , replaced a few little pannels that were cracked and had broken lugs, so good day for me :D

7. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

mates step dad has twin beowulfs on his zzr1200.

sounds nice. have removable baffles too

8. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    the rearsets i was on about
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the can
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

rear sets do look nice though :rofl:

so does can. go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    rearsets look simple an shit... whats the point in aftermarket if there just as ajustable as stock? :confused:arc:

11. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    i hear you minor, it was just a thought anyway, found a nice renegade can at work so might go with it :confused:cratch: