OVETTO 100CC ignition replacement

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by YamahaOvetto91, Dec 5, 2019.

1. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Hi guys,
    Yamaha ovetto 100cc 03

I hope someone can help me with this issue, I have just bought a non runner due to it not having a ignition barrel and so on ,

However I can buy a replacement but dont know where it would plug in as I cant see the connection where it would need to go, I have looked online and YouTube but no one has released a video which is shocking, I have maybe one image of the front panel but cannot find anywhere to plug a new ignition in and so far there is two types so need to know which one, if anyone has any info please let me know

Cheers in advance

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Should be the same as the Yamaha Neos

3. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Have you got any images or anything like that to show where it would connect ? , just looked online cant find anything, looked at the front end if the bike cant see anywhere where it would connect into it's weird

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Should be a four pin plug near the steering tube

5. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Ok thank you I will check out tomo morning and see if I can see one , hopefully I can and then that solves new key issues Haha

Cheers bud

6. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I have taken a photo this morning I still cant see anywhere it would plugin ?

Attached Files:

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you got 3 or 4 loose wires going to nowhere?
    Looks like someone may have either moved them or cut them off????

8. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I have 3 loose wires two are tied together ? With a red plug 4 pin so I'm assuming this is where it needs to be replaced ?

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

are those the yellow wires I can see in the photo?

10. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

The ones with nothing connected are red white and brown ? That's the only ones I can see , theres just a bulb hanging down next to some other stuff which is the headlight so I know its not connected to that

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

12. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I cant really read it, do you have a link for that image ? , I believe it will be these 3 wires not connected to anything , from where I'm looking at ignition barrels online but matches up I believe, got this bike for £50 and needs little TLC eg front panel headlight oil pump and ignition , then it will be riding around

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Looking on your phone?
    You should be able to download the complete service manual pdf online, I can't upload this type of file here

14. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah on my phone , I think the red block 4 pin is where I need to fit it , so I'll order one and fit it , there is no videos on YouTube for this its mad

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Not surprised it's not on utube
    Download the manual, it'll be easier in the long run

16. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah I will do , cheers for helping

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Wow that's a proper rats nest there. Looks like someone tried to steal it?

18. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I believe they might have , got a little bit to sort out but just couldn't see where to plug a new ignition in , but I'm going to strip the handle bars down make it look bit sporty Haha, cost me £50 as project