OVERHEATING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by NewGuy, Jul 2, 2013.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy New Member

Hi i am a new biker, and i have got a 12 plate Aerox, and i keeps over heating. I have checked if the water pump is working and it is. water is getting everywhere it should. just when i start the bike it does not pull liquid coolant just putts it back into the tank and ends up over filling. anybody got any suggestions on what to do?

2. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Check for a blockage in the pipe also make sure the pump is on the right way around as it should be pumping it INTO the engine not OUT the current from the pump will direct it into it and out the outlet back into the radiator to be cooled

3. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    sounds like the head gasket has gone , as it lost power aswell and maybe hard to start ?

4. NewGuy

NewGuy New Member

how do i check if there is a blockage?

5. NewGuy

NewGuy New Member

no starts fine and just put a new head gasket on, a few days ago. :/

6. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    thermostat working ??

7. NewGuy

NewGuy New Member

8. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    is the coolant clean? any white smoke?using/loosing coolant? if no then hg is probably ok, if yes then its probably that.

have you bled the coolant system? you have to be patient when bleeding it and get every little bubble out which takes time and fiddling haha

9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    have you took the thermostat out and tested it? put it in a jug of boiling water and see if it opens if it doesn't a new one is only a few quid, exactly the same thing happened the one of my aprillias and turned out to be thermostat gone, I don't know if it works on scooters but I ran without a thermostat on all my aprillias ?

10. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    crank case seals