Our wheels

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by Simonwwfc, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    Just sold the wife's cooper s 08 plate a few months ago and now bought her this beast 197bhp standard from Perrys dealers in Milton keynes only had it a little while she isn't keen on it so looks like it will be going when we return from Egypt . Very nice interior full leather recaro seats as it's the corsa vxr model

Attached Files:

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

whats the weight on those? look like fun little cars them. ive seen a few about, but they are opel over here....

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    the problem with the corsa VXRs is theyre WAY too light for what they are.
    The insignia VXR is a bit of a handful too!

4. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    We find it much slower off a standing start compared to cooper s

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Theres a Matt grey Fiat 500 Abarth always parked outside my work. Looks like fun :)

6. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    My misses test drove one as well horrible things very slow . If u gonna buy a fiat 500 abarth it's gotta next model up

7. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    not a fan of the abarth. the punto abarth is bloody good fun but the 500 is shite.
    They just haven't had enough practice at making decent cars to know how to make a decent fast car :rolleyes:

Have to say im looking at what ford has to offer right now..
    Fiesta ST or a Focus RS :rolleyes:

8. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    Focus St looks nice the new shape a lot off dosh we paid near £11k for our vxr plus another £500 for three full vaux warranty . Misses just doesn't like it now so she wants another cooper s so it's gotta go

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    The corsa VXR isn't a very good every day car, nice cars but way too light for what they are. Theyre more of a hoodlums car. Theyre just made for those hoodies who want a motor to absolutely thrash around the estate in their adidas tracksuit, that's who Vauxhall made them for :D

Gf has a mini cooper john s, brilliant little car BUT when it goes wrong it just costs too much to fix.

I had a 2.0CDTI insignia automatic (I have health issues from a big bike crash so find a auto better now) with a few mods, pushing 340bhp :rolleyes: (spent ALOT on that car)

Ive driven the Focus ST and just wasn't enough for me, Ill try the RS and the fiesta ST and see if I like either of them. If not ill be going back down the Vauxhall or Volvo route.

The only real thing I can moan about with the corsa VXR is the ride. its just TOO hard. a little softer and the car being a tad lower (20mil all round at most) and that car would handle like the dogs bollocks. I have to say though these sort of cars are only really meant to be a weekend toy not a everyday motor.

10. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    Hoodlums lol we are bloody 44 yrs old my misses is a funeral director . She has already owned two mini coopers before incl a s . We bought direct from bmw so never a issue .