one less scooter tuning company in the uk

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Boost ya scoot, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Boost ya scoot

Boost ya scoot New Member

hi poeple

to some of you this is bad news but to some this is great news.... boost ya scoot have closed there doors for good last weekend..
    meaning that there is one less scooter shop in the uk.. we still have plans to complete are 7t racing aerox ans sonic but they will be done in good time

cheers BYS

p.s we have got a runner for sale that needs work doing to it e.g a engine, brakes

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    :bird: no easy way to say this but,good. stops you lot chucking silly money around like no mans business

3. james

james Member

I have been saying this for years but i have always found that since the death of the 2-STROKE 125cc motors like the typhoon's runners sr's and dragsters' the scene and market has gone down hill very fast....The fact that these scooters are getting rare now these days with less and less numbers each year now you just aint getting the same amount of people bying aftermarket race/tuning parts no more hence a load of shops going under...Years ago in the late 90's and early 2000's most scooter shops would be making a killing and did from selling parts and doing tuning work for the scooters above in 125cc form but as now they are getting rare with less about shops aint making cash and no one is getting work done to there scooters in mass number like a few years back hence shops going under a lot these days....

4. mestah

mestah New Member

How much for the scooter mate, and is it the old shape one?

5. connor

connor Active Member

sad to hear that mate. how much do you want for the runner
    ? is it 125 or 50?

6. Boost ya scoot

hi mate

yer it is the old shape but it needs a complete engine, rear brake caliper and there are some more things that i can't rember

but we would like £100 for it..

7. Boost ya scoot

like i have just said i want £100 for it and it is a 50cc

8. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

Pity really, another shop going down the swanny. Felt bad seeing a closing down sale sign on my local but fortunately it's just their stock, so they'll still be up to stuff in the back, but yeah with the loss of 125 2 strokes and now 50's are getting targeted too this could spell the end of shops and the home tuning. :(

9. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Pics of the runner please.

10. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    same, get some pics up. were bouts is it?

11. Boost ya scoot

hi mate the runner is still in the shop (up stairs) but it wil be going back home in the next few days

here are some pictures.. the scooter doesn't have any panle on it but they do come with it if you buy it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOW I AM THINK ABOUT IT THE RUNNER DOESN'T HAVE ANY ---LOG BOOK---. SO I WILL TAKE £100 FOR IT... IT DOESN'T HAVE THIS BECAUSE WE BROUGHT IT FOR SPARES OR RACE BIKE

12. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

do all those boxes of goodies in the background of the 2nd pic come with the bike? :w00t:

13. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    can u deliver it? or were abouts in the contry is it lol?

14. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

mate just put Wellingborough into google maps. its round there somehwere

15. Boost ya scoot

yer we can deliver it but you will need to pay for the fuel and bit.. were abouts are you based...

16. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    I see the nrg u made all the time in hemel.

Slow as fuck, looks alright though

17. Boost ya scoot

wot the orange nrg.. if so.. that is not slow he just isn't riing it hard.. i was clock doing 80mph on that and its only a 70cc

and i should hope it looks good after putting that amount of work into it #

18. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    80mph clock speed.
    40mph true speed.

a 70cc doing 80mph LOLOLOLOL :w00t:

19. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Its been done o_O

Not saying his one did, but its very possible.

20. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Oh yeah I'm sure it can be done... with the right amount of knowledge and money.
    But I wouldnt expect it from these guys tbh