NRG WONT REV UP!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jay_Jay, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    put the airflow cover back on, its just cooling the variator.

now do a step through check list :

fuel tank is full and has fuel.
    oil tank is topped up and oil is in it.
    remove spark plug check its colour state and test for spark.
    check sparkplug for wetting with ignition off, kickstart bike a couple times with spark plug in, then remove it and check fuel is getting to the cylinder.
    check battery voltage , turn on ingintion, indicators/ brakelight is lighting up when used. voltage check batterys resting state, it should read around 12.4 -13v
    check air filter is not clogged up - visual check fuel filter is not gunked up and slowing fuel flow.

if all the above comes to yes on each one, you have what is needed to have the bike fire over .

Jack mallett and Renllek like this.
  2. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

I just need to check spark plug then from that list, for some reason when I try turning the bike over with electric or kick start the petrol in the fuel filter or fuel line doesn't move

3. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Sounds like a fuel issue. I would give the carb a clean first. Clean carb, check spark plug connections and try again. With the recent dry weather you may have got some dirt in the system. If your system is vacuum fed then check the fuel valve / tap. remove the fuel pipe from the carb, the vacuum pipe from its source and suck in short heartbeat type motion on the vacuum pipe. Fuel should come out of the fuel pipe.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

Pistons blown on my bike, and I'm getting a new one fitted at a mechanics, I am ordering the part from ped parts and getting them to fit it but they said I need to make sure I have the gasket set top and bottom and some sort of bottom bearing, will all of these parts that I need to have it fitted on the bike be in the the complete cylinder kit????

5. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

6. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

That's the link for the part I'm going to order

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you need to call up mechanic and ask if its the Big end bearings you need or the small end bearing.

that kits does not have the small end bearing so you will want that, it fits onto the gudgeon pin that sits in the hole on the piston and is what the con rod rotates on.

if the pistons gone im hedging you need a small end bearing but call the mech and make sure please

8. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

It's the small end bearing I need, any chance you could find the one I need and put the link in here, preferably from pedparts and for the piaggio nrg power

9. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

Anyone know what I need?

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
  11. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides: