NRG WONT REV UP!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jay_Jay, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    oh, and pout the plate back in, you never upjet for its removal and only do it when your PULLING MORE AIR with a BIGGER PISTON :)

anyone who cant grasp this brass plate NOT being a restrictor... go measure and count the holes.. apply pi to work out the area and multiply by the number of holes... twinkle dinkle do, its more tyhan the 12.5 or 17.5 choke its feeding ;) any gains you think you had from its removal are IN YOUR HEAD. it sounds louder, runs worse and drinks more fuel

2. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

I didn't quite understand the last part, but yes that was definitely my problem, I am taking it down jays bikes and trikes in the Great Yarmouth area. Anyone have an idea if they have good service. They're website says they are well known and people travel from across the country so I'm guessing they know what they are doing

3. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

You never know till you try but reputation matters. The carb repair is very simple so once its done try to get hold of an old carb, strip it down and teach yourself about them for the future. Owning a scooter means you will be carrying out carb maintenance on a number of occasions and its a shame to pay a garage their high prices for a fairly simple thing. Repairing, stripping and cleaning carbs is basic maintenance worth learning.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Jack get someone to take you to Gary at GB motorcycles Cawston ( he is a bike breaker) go buy a cheap rubbish carb from him, tell gary you just want to to pull apart and rebuild so you can learn, im sure he will have something laying around.

JBT should be able to get you back on the road, also Gary at GB motorcycles does repairs and MOT's , another one is in norwich called Danny D's .

Your only up the road from me, im based in the fine city ;)

5. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

Taken it down jbt should be ready by the end of next week

6. GJ7RWT

GJ7RWT Member

Hello Jack,

Do you have an update on your scooter? Is it running better now?

Cheers
    Andt

7. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

Took it to jbt where the service was horrific he had it sitting for 3 weeks and did not even look at the bike. I decided to take the bike out after a waste of time and got t&r motorcycles to come pick it up with the hour. They had the bike running and all sorted after a week. If you live in the Great Yarmouth area I definitely recommend them. But yes turns out my carb was missing the pin in the float and was also missing the idle screw. My bike now gets 50mph and has lovely new tyres. Only 1 slight issue because of the upjet I'm am burning fuel so quickly I am getting 40-45 miles per tank which is not good?

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

40-45 miles to the tank, even with an up-jet isn't an issue................it's a fuel leak!:eek:
    You should be up around the 100 mark.
    Even highly tuned scoots get more than that.
    Are you sure you've got your calculations right?

9. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

The bike is running perfectly I'm thinking it might be the brass plate where the air intake is. I am not sure if it is there or not but if it is not I have been tuning to suit the amount of air to petrol

10. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

I have noticed I have a leak though coming from rear of my bike tho near the carb? Only a small leak but whenever I turn the bike off and stand it up it leaves a little puddle under the bike

11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    what sort of leak ?

near the carb that could be the carb leaking or overflow from the carbs overflow pipe

12. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

I don't know what sort of leak but when I had the panels of the oil tank was wet but I then took it to a garage and had the bike tuned assuming they would have fixed the problem but te leak is still there I had a friend have a look and he said the fluid on the floor smelt of 2 stroke

13. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    so the fluid smelt of petrol , next time you come back from a ride, take a sheet of kitchen roll and place it under the carb ( not on the floor but under the carb resting on the variator case) .... if the leak is coming from carb then the liquid will run down and coat/soak the kitchen roll , if that happens you have a leaking float bowl - loose carb drain screw - overflowing carb from overflow pipe .

mileage per tank : write down on calender when you fill up with fuel and the mile ready from the clocks , when you get low fuel level mark on calender ........ subtract ( take away) the low fuel level mile ready from the full tank mile reading, that gives you a mile per tank reading . type into google " convert km into miles " , then put in the mile per tank reading you worked out, that gives you the reading in miles and not km ( bikes usually register in km not miles so you need to convert the reading to miles )

14. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

No the fluid smelt of 2 stroke oil and the oil tank was soaked when I looked last time

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I'm taking a punt at the plug is as black as coal.

16. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    pull your plug out and have a look ....... compare it to the plug i attached here ( that plug is a nice chocolate brown thats what a good burning mix should look like )

take of side panel where oil tub is, check the pipes are sealed on tight make sure they dont have any cracks. wipe the pipes off top up oil tub and leave it a few hours, see if any seepage has happened on the pipe leading to autolube, you will be able to see it when the pipes are nice and fresh wiped and clean.

i mentioned early on in post about bike shops ......... theres a chap called Gary in cawston that owns GB motorcycles , if you have a chance pop the bike down to him he a very good chap has a lotta spares and a huge knowledge of bikes n scooters he will check your nrg and tell you straight up whats wrong . just tell him Paul with the sym jet sent you ;) ( i get all my parts from him he a great chap and will help a fellow biker when he can )

Attached Files:

17. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

Cheers boys I'll have a look when I have the time, I really just need the bike to stop leaking and have a good distance per tank

18. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

With it being derestricted of course

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper

i can use a full tank real quick, if i peg the throttle back 24/7 , derestriction your GOING to use more fuel because your adding more fuel to the cylinder ........
    the thing is the rider, if your balls to the wall wide open throttle all the time your going to be using more full all the time, being a young rider i bet your a little throttle happy ........ my advice ride a little slower there is no rush take your time enjoy the scenery go a little more easy on that throttle and i bet the mileage per gallon goes up to ;)

20. Jack mallett

Jack mallett Member

I'll try that because I admit I am throttle happy but I'm certain I have some sort of leak keep you updated