NRG Power 70cc kit Help?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Elderfield500, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Elderfield500

Elderfield500 Life's too short for traffic.

Hey guys I wasn't really going to improve the performance of my ped much but all my mates just tear me and I really want to be able to 'keep up with them' lol.

I was thinking of installing a 70cc kit, 21mm carb and a air filter.

Here are the parts I was hoping to buy ...

CARB -
    21mm racing carburettor from TNT for 2T scooters -£42

70cc Kit -
    Polini 70cc cylinder kit for Piaggio scooters air cooled -£96

Air filter -
    Polini scooter filter - mini 90 degrees - 32mm D -£14

I understand I need to increase the size of the jet too (not too sure what it is already most probably stock)

If anyone could help me out and give me some advice it would be much appreciated :)

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Theres no benefit going to a 21mm carb unless your tuning to a high degree. Most sports 70 kits run well with a 17.5 or 19mm carb also often the standard filter is better. Have a look at pedparts blogs.

3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Forgot to ask, what pipe?

4. Elderfield500

okay cheerz mate and iv got a Leo Vince TT

5. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    If he is installing 70s kit he might aswell upgrade the carb if he wants more power, More fuel = More Power

6. Elderfield500

sooo what size would you recommend?

7. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

Elderfied you said you was getting a air filter, do you wana buy my 30 mm polini one for 25 quid cost me 30 been used 3 times mate ?

8. Elderfield500

yeah mite do mate duno what size is guna fit my carb yet though

9. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

Ok, take a pic of your manifold now and ill tell you, it should fit tho

10. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

right i have the same ped as you ive just fitted the malossi kit to mine which is a similar price to the polini with the polini kit your after you do not need a bigger carb the 17.5 is more than enough for a entry stage sport kit you just need to rejet it to about a 70-72 main jet.
    Trust me on this with that setup you do not want an open filter stick with the stock air box its much better for the bike its easyer to setup the open filter is much harder to setup without a dyno and you will also use a lot lot more fuel with one fitted.
    And also the TT pipe is perfectly suited to a 50cc setup right once you put a 70 kit on it you will need a new pipe the TT is no good for a 70.

if it helps bud ive just fitted-

Malossi sport 70 kit about £95
    5.5 gram rollers
    loe vince zx pipe
    manual choke
    re-jetted to 72 main.

all running with the stock air box and running spot on just a bit noisy

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    A 17.5mm or 19mm

12. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

just stick with the 17.5 its fine for the cast iron kit your after

13. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I agree.

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    TT will work fine on a low end sport kit if you don't have the money. I ran one on my zip. As said above. Avoid a open filter as mine was a pain in the ass, I even had access to a dyno!. I'd personally go for, Polini sport,5.5/6g rollers/65-82 jet box/and your tt. Or if you have a little more to spend buy a yasuni r :)

15. Elderfield500

Thanks for all your help guys really appreciate it :) going to have to buy my kit with my next pay check next week because i had to fork out for a new battery and some random stuff this week /:, so I should be fine if I Stick with my stock 17.5 carb, get a polini 70cc kit, stick with my air box and get it re-jetted ?

16. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

yep thats right bud but in my opinion the malossi kit thats about the same price is the better kit for performance and reliabilty.

17. Elderfield500

okay mate but some guy on this forum said he would sell me a PM Tuning aluminium x-tech 70cc kit what do you reckon I should do buy that or a new malossi kit?

18. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Malossi. Pm's are over rated shit. And wont last very long.

19. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

my mate had a ali pm kit and it didnt last him long and he didnt ride it hard he was using it for work he started having trouble with it starting then a ring failed and dug itself into the bore and ruined it. He also called up pm tuning and explained the fact he wasnt a 16yr old kid abusing his new 70 kit and the fact he had a invoice to prove it had been fitted at a garage buy a mechanic and not in some dirty back yard. and they wouldnt give him the time of day they said it wasnt there stuff at fault it must be him or how it was fitted they offered no sort of after sales help at all once they had his cash so be carefull who you deal with.
    if you want a reliable bike with a bit more kick than a stock 50 then stick with a cast iron kit

20. Elderfield500

Okay :) malossi 70cc kit it is then cheerz