Noob seeking advice comments help for new scooter purchase etc

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Phil@Notts, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

ps

It's being delivered tomorrow..... yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Stevep likes this.
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    enjoy the freedom fella , i just clocked up 990 miles in three months riding , think i have washed bike around 100 times to lol , them darn cars make everything so dirty lol ( well thats my excuse )

Phil@Notts likes this.
  3. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

Forgot to add
    CBT is a breeze only if you remember the 3 reasons of the CBT and that's safety, safety and safety
    Check your "blind spot" (can't remember correct terminology) before indicating and when moving off (especially corners/junctions/roundabouts and when exiting roundabouts) and use your mirrors and anticipate that the road user behind or in front has no clue what they're about to do - everything else should fall into place

flash likes this.
  4. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

Give me your address I'll bring it around so you can clean mine ;) you'll only have to do it once a month if that ;) I promise

roflmao

Thanks for comment

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol thats what you get for buying a bike thats had a re-spray. it was a nice blue and silver sym jet basix when the young lady owned it. she sold it to a lad a month before i got it of him, and he had just sprayed the whole thing in black rattle can paint.

this is how bad, he sprayed direct over the clocks , then wiped the wet paint off so you could see them, blacked out the oil - turn - high beam lamps on bars, wrapped a leo vince end can in silver foil ( i mean what on earth) , sprayed the expansion chamber with rattle can paint ( not even high temp stuff) then just went to town on the whole bike all panels blacked over without removing decals , blacked out the brake caliper without removing it, blacked out those front fork legs to. a propper bodge job. but i do have a mind to re-spray in a ford electric orange and also give it a couple shots of diamond clear coat.

so yep you can see why i wash it so much lol

6. flash

flash New Member

You got it yet? Post some pics up please Phil just to see what I'll be buying :)

Cheers.

7. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

There you go - slightly late but I've been a little busy - about 30 miles busy after delivery about 12

If you look real close (on the first pic right wing mirror) lol

Lovely jubbly - no issues, very nice to ride (even though I don't have knowledge of other bikes << some will understand)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

flash likes this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You broke a mirror already???????:eek::confused:

9. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

No the bloody green tag lol

something to do with reordering keys << I missed it on my first ride (about 8 mile)

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Phew!:p

11. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

Now I need a cheap but useable top box - did I say no issues? Damn flip up lid don't fit under seat.

And the nephew who had a pretty decent looking proper motorbike cable lock in the back garden can't find it so that's another spend

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That's not a major problem, more room for other stuff.
    With the top box you'll need the fitting rack as well.
    Good size top box 45/47 litres, will be about 40-50 quid used.

13. flash

flash New Member

Lovely that Phil, thought you were getting a White one though or did you prefer Red?

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

He got impatient and wouldn't wait the extra 5 days for the white one:rolleyes:

15. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

The red was ready to go, the white would of needed to order in. I'd already got the gear just missing the wheels and as others have hinted the red is more popular, the white "might" (tough word that) be more "visible" (contentious) so I got the red ;)

Don't ask me to explain anymore - it's hurting my brain trying to come up with reasons and explanations roflmao

flash likes this.
  16. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

[​IMG]

;)

flash and Stevep like this.
  17. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

18. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

saw them online last night...
    but I'm 100% certain (even though I've just woken up) same chain online (fleabay and similar) under £30 and if my memory serves me well includes anchor mount etc (which I've already got)

Thanks again - all appreciated

19. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

20. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

getting a temp cheap battery powered (because garage doesn't have power) PIR alarm with remote - will upgrade later

As for parking it up - I have disk lock, a spare d lock and will have a chain also for "rough areas"