Non starter (no spark problem)

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jog_RR_madhead, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Jog_RR_madhead

Jog_RR_madhead Trainee bike mechanic in need of assistance

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    hey guys I found the problem out and it was because I hadn't tightened the cylinder properly on the one side. I can't knock the 70cc bore kit upgrade, my bike was nippy anyway 55mph and now its even quicker. well happy I got my bike working thanks for your help guys it's much appreciated

2. fortyeight

fortyeight New Member

hi you didnt say youd put a bigger kit on

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    oh yeah sorry lol

4. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    I've also upjetted the carb to size 80. the reason I bought another head was because my 50cc one was losing compression so i inspected it and found it had score marks down the barrel so I replaced it with a 70cc big bore kit i also have a 19mm racing carburetor fitted. it absolutely flies the take off is awesome i literally have to lean forward to prevent the front wheel from lifting up lol I'm just thinking what i could do to it next. racing variator maybe

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    gear up kit - multivar 2000 or polini hi speed variator

6. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    Thanks Tam I've run into a slight problem, when I kick the ped it starts and idles and when I accelerate it goes for a bit then completely stalls with total loss of power knocking all electrics off. then I turn ignition off and back on again then kick it over and it starts then 5 mins later same problem happens again. its left me scratching my head lol

7. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    I've also got another issue with my ped. when I switch my ignition off the engine continues to run, I take off the spark plug boot and its still going "dont see how but it does" lol so I ended up pulling the carb off. do you have any idea what I could do to fix this problem please mate all help is much appreciated

8. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    I've put a new racing carb on it have put stock air box back on, it's had a new flywheel fan and fan cover. it starts and idles fine until I rev it which is when it's bogs, when I ride for a couple of mins it completely cuts out and refuses to start unless I wait a few mins. I have resulted in calling the experts out as I have nationwide personal breakdown cover. I'll post what the outcome is

9. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    well he came and inspected the bike and told me it's an electrical problem and the loom needs replacing I've already done that once lol

10. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    I signed up to a scooter recovery firm just in case so when I couldn't get my jog started after nipping the shop I contacted them through an app. the mechanic didn't even look at my bike he just put it in his van and dropped me up the road. so i left a snotty Facebook post saying how disgusted I was of the service I received... within ten minutes nd I got a call back they sent someone else out and he diagnosed the problem which was... the cooling system on my engine (AC) isn't sufficient enough to keep the 70cc head cool therefore it's getting to hot, overheating and cutting out so I was advised to revert back to the original 50cc piston and head which was ordered this morning. I'll fit it and repost to let you know how I got on. cheers

11. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    hey guys i fitted the new 50cc cylinder head and piston on my jog which came this morning and it finally runs constantly without overheating "it's only been 7 months of torment lol" I've got the whole day tomorrow to potter about here and there see if it runs properly through the day. I just wanted to say to the scooter shack crew Thank you ever so much for all your help with the different issues I've had with my bike and guiding me through to solve them. it's very much appreciated :) I'm back on the road and I'm chuffed as punch cheers lads

12. daren rigby

daren rigby whatluck1

Rides:
    gilera sp 125
    HI jog RR I have had all same no spark problems with my scoot and renewed all that I did but still no spark I see u solved your problem but I can't find how u did it in the end. By the way I'm new on here so don't know if this is right way or wrong of writing on here

13. Jog_RR_madhead

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    Ah sorry mate been away. Are you still in need of assistance