No power vibrating, help!?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Mjaucku, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

hi,
    So lets start from start few days ago my exhaust broke , on connection to engine , hanger was lose. So i imediatly lost power and start to stall when i accelerate, and can bring it to home by some reason just after pushing bit with legs than he accelarate and runs good tough loud obviously , so after come back home checked exhaust broken decide not to play and put new. So today i get new one fitted all fine. Try start starts first time. Quiet. Try accelarete no power!!! At all i mean to get 10mph takes ages , up to hill no power at all! I did play with carb now but seems i just make it worse . Now when im accelarating there is no power and its vibrating as hell. Still moves but very hardly. Oil is gettin low but not end, it was put on the floor by side (mate decide good idea to fit exhaust without me) . I cant understand whats wrong with him, since new exhaust fitted it does not stalling but still no chance to accelarate to be road legal. Please help with it i give up by the way its suzuki katana ay50 wk4 liquid cooled

2. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Yeah my air filter is open definetly non stock, when i pull throttle i get low rev and its kind pilling up bit bi bit i guess if i go for long go i could catch some speed but as i said its very slow at start going to take out spark plug right now to check it out i let you know in a minute

3. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

1. Hi
      hi so spark plug is dry black as coal, when i take off exhaust its rev same but when i yhrotle till the end its stalls

Attached Files:

4. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Taken exhaust off to confirm withouth exhaust zero power i mean u put throttle all back tough its not moving at all and stalls like 2 sec after , very hardly building revs

5. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

And hes reving up fine when its standing on stand but as soon as you drop it for ride its just lack of power

Attached Files:

6. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Hmmm makes me upset and still try to convince myself its exhaust but guess gonna get deep in it, its just that i hardly believe that two problems started at once . It was running perfect 50mph and suddenly on the way to work stopped near traffic light and realised how lack of power it was and loud. Bring it back to work find out exhaust brake of . So now bough new one for 70£ and hopefully dont need to buy something new again couse scooter worth nothing and expenses is already over scoot value. By the way if pistons rings would be worn would it start first time? And i changed throttle cable recently anything possible to do with it?

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If you had the standard exhaust on it (the one that broke), and then changed it for a sports or race pipe (aftermarket)(not standard) you would have to re-jet the carb to suit the new exhaust.
    Also, if your mate had the bike on it's side to fit the pipe, might be worth a check to see if any of the rollers have become stuck out of the channels in the variator.

8. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

I changed from sports exaust to sports exaust and it does look exactly same and exactly same marking , overall guess exactly same, just one thing when i bough from ebay it was same scooter but different years mine is 2004 that was 2000-2002, i very doubt it will make so much difference but hey im not mechanic. Yeah will check variator all arround tommorow thanks!

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i would be looking at the basics:
    how is your coolant level?
    how is the compression?
    how is the carb float bowl?
    have you tried with a new spark plug?
    what sort of 2 stroke oil have you been using/does it have enough?
    go through these first and see what answers you get back

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the 4 stroke motor they use now (they do 2t too), is a really well built engine, FI, very low maintenance, and nice torque, they go well if you just change the vario too, i actually have the santa pod speed record for the 4t neos the top fuel team have (50 odd mph!). they go a bit better when you alter the mapping, but you loose out on fuel economy

11. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Coolant level fine, compression i believe fine but shall check it out( just becouse first time start i believe so) checked bowl all fine, fit new spark plug too, oil is on very low level its indicates that i need to fill it up , but i can see there is on bottom of oil tank, and there is filled up line :/

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i would suggest you measure the compression, they can start fine if its low, its rare, but it does happen, or possibly the bike is running too rich? you could try dropping a size in main jet?

13. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    You have chosen to ignore steveup's advice - please adhere to his advice

14. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Not chose to ignore just not get in to it yet, which i actually believe he be right,

15. thosoneill

thosoneill Active Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    Sorry - I was a tad abrupt however do as he says

16. Mjaucku

Mjaucku Member

Hey solution!
    Stevep was right it was roller, and aswell double checked exhaust it was restrictor down there sorted, flying now! Thanks for help!