Nitro side stand

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by dylanbws100, Oct 30, 2008.

1. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

i'm not sure if the aerox has one...but I've seen pictures of aerox leaning...suggesting a side stand. How can I do this...main stand on my nitro is a bitch!
    thanks
    Dyl

2. Vesta

Vesta New Member

3. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

Hey, Thanks for the reply!
    Where is this mounted to? the main stand bracket? If so Thats good cos main stand needs to come off.

4. Vesta

Vesta New Member

I cant really comment but im pretty sure you can keep your other one on IF you wanted to, dont think it conflicts

5. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

you can keep the cneter stand on there also but with a jack up kit it will be inaffective. just go careful if you are gonna try and get ur centerstand off.

6. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

2 questions....whats a jack up kit? and Why must I be carefull when removing the c.stand?

I don't want the centre stand on anyway...None of my bws's have had them. Just how safe will a side stand be on it, cos it wasn't made with one? :eh:

7. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

there is a mounting point on the frame to fit the sidestand, you have to cut a whole in the under belly. a jack up kit is basically a block that does between your rear shock and where it mounts to the engine to lift(jack up) the rear of your ped. but you cant really use a jack up with the centre stand as it buts it off balance. sooo iff u wanna have a jack up u need a side stand. oh and you can run both side and centre stand

8. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    i only have a centre stand on my aerox and its fine, i wouldnt want to leave it out when it is windy though as it could easily be blown over but then again so could a bike on its centre stand

9. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer a mate of mind had jack up and the centre stand, it wasnt tooo bad but a bit dodgy IMO

10. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

Ok sweet,

RojAEROX- Is it like this?
    [​IMG]Why do people use these? is it just for looks? I would manufactor my own...but I don't trust a peice of aluminium that thin under me...hmmmm?

I know the bws has a mounting...I'm glad the nitro has one too...I'll strip it and put a bws stand on it...or I might just fabricate my own..Does it fit snugly against the body when up?

billy #86-It's not just that It's not the sturdiest...I hate having to put it on the main stand...I'm used to just kicking out the side stand.

11. Silver_172

Silver_172 New Member

People use them to get a higer back it just flaunts the undertray much better also dosent allow you to wheelie all that much better

12. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

Why cant I add a mount at the top of the spring? How long are these jack up lifts? Will 2 inches make a larg difference?
    Shot guys,
    Dyl

13. bluehazeman

bluehazeman New Member

side stand / jack up kit

Buzzetti do good quality side stands for most scoots,you can keep your centre one but if fitting decent height jack up kit you will have to remove.scooter-attack do a really pukka stage 6 kit/3 heights really heavy duty bit of kit in many colors but you must remove center stand/bash plate to allow engine to drop enough to fit jack up kit,done it on my 100 wrc speedy red one blends in lovely with paintwork(recessed allen bolt head)10/10 !!!

14. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

[​IMG]

Not true :bird:

I added little feet on my centrestand to compensate the jack up kit. IMO the jack up kit improved the looks and I prefered the handling and arc of the riding position.

15. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

So if I take a 10mm plate...drill the hole in it for the bolt and pot a round indent in it so it can fit with the frame...will it work? I want to put it on the upper part of the shock...not the trraditional bottom end part.

16. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

I think mine was some sort of solid plastic but alot bigger than 10mm, you get a rough idea here:

[​IMG]

17. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

How much load is actually put on the riser?
    And doesn't it make the wheel look even smaller? cos I'm running 130-60-13" even though it should be a 140 on the back...they only got kendas in stock. And th rear looks super small

18. bluehazeman

bluehazeman New Member

jack up / side stand

theres always one !! nice job extending the center stand but i was talking stock application.i wonder what would happen if i posted that you could not fit a jet engine to a scoot ?? ;)

19. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Shouldn't make the wheel look smaller :wtf: ...it's a must for me now.

Bluehazeman, 'stock application'....you was coming across as if his only option was to remove the centre stand when it isn't, there's the way I did it. And wtf you on about jet engine :wtf:

20. pembo_99

pembo_99 Member

i agree with him, jackup kit made my ped handle much better, before it was set up granny style.. i made mine from a peice of steel box section and messed around with a few diferent heights, not as fancy but i like the idea its steel.. and as for sidestand, under footboard should be a a place you can bolt/weld a stand bracket to and have to cut the panel.. i'm in the middle of making mine fit..... :(