NGF 172 kits

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by revolution, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Converting to LC so you can use a NGF kit? o_O

2. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

yeah, well its an idea, it would be cheaper to get an sr and put an lc ngf kit on than buy a runner and put an ngf kit on, because im working on a rather low budget

3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

As an owner of an ac 172 I'd rather just keep it 125 tbch

4. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

ramo, do the ac 172 kits work well? As I said on the thread I made I have an SR and am wanting to tune it.

I wouldn't bother converting to liquid cooled just to put an NGF kit on tbh. The only reason I would convert it is if I was gonna throw everything at it and do a really high end tuned engine. Surely the cost and the hassle of converting it will be more than just buying an ac Malossi kit?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

5. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

well just an idea, the malossi is about 260£ but the NGF is 126£ and then ill have to buy the extras like rad and pump, but that wouldnt even touch 260£ and would be a bit bit different aswell

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Radiator £60,Pump£60 Tubing £21 coolant £12 Jubilee clips £10 Expansion bottle £15. Shit all adds up.

7. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

yeah i suppose, thats what ebay is for !! haha
    i was only inquiring if this conversion was actually possible, sounds like it is, and can be done on a fairly decent budget...
    ONE FINAL QUESTION, which out of the NGF and Malossi would be more reliable ?

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  9. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

right nice one thanks, im not going to bother now, just picked up a runner sp 172 on ebay for a few bob all kitted out, just needs a new loom he said o_O ?!?!

10. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    please say u saw it running and tested it

11. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

going to have a look at it this afternoon, if its not wortht he hassle i wont buy it..

12. Joshua gee

Joshua gee New Member

will this kit fit on a runner sp 125 02 with no hassle of drilling the head bolts out any one know

13. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    if you read up it seems somone recently got a bad one with a hairline crack which leaked water

id honestly save up for a pm or malossi

but yes any 2 stroke water cooled runner etc will take the ngf

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Please don't spam others threads.

15. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

no, i didnt lol, BUT it was worth the gamble, it was set up by a motorbike garage in nottingham, and has al the trimmings, the only downside to the performance was the exhaust and body kit, the body kit is sorted got a lambo orange one and going to order another scorp at the weekend WOOP, ive had about just over 80mph out of her so im happy with that