Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

NEW SWITCH - HELP NEEDED

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Ross1408, 31 Aug 2013
Ross1408#1
Hi guys, wondered if someone could help please? I'm no electrician sorry, so I apologise if I'm asking stupid questions, but this is my first scooter and learning as I go along!!

I have purchased a new switch as the electric were all cocked up on the bike, so I think I'm almost there, been thoroughly following the wiring diagram from Haynes. This is the diagram I've been working from:
Vivacity wiring diagram.jpg
However, the switch I have purchased has different colour wiring from the original, no surprise there. I don't have any harnesses on the bike as they've all been taken off, so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to wire the following switch up please:

TNT switch.jpg
From what I can tell, inside the switch the wires seem to be going to the following, white & green to the horn switch, purple & black to the on/off switch and the grey, brown, yellow and red to the dimmer switch. Please note that I don't have a low beam, just a headlight.

Any help would seriously be sincerely appreciated!! Thanks all.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

WANTED 125 typhoon standard exhaust0 replies2 Sep 2013
Any one had any dealing with Speedaway motorcycles of Cannock ?1 replies1 Sep 2013
2007 NRG DD 70CC PROBLEM4 replies31 Aug 2013
Air cooled engine 70cc kit10 replies31 Aug 2013
Aprilia SportCity Cube Wheel0 replies31 Aug 2013
got a frame but dont have the number plate4 replies31 Aug 2013
Thud noise by the front Wheel32 replies30 Aug 2013
Piaggio or Honda0 replies30 Aug 2013
Adjust front brake0 replies30 Aug 2013
few websites for parts and performance parts0 replies29 Aug 2013