New shocks...

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Glen e, May 23, 2019.

1. Glen e

Glen e New Member

I have always felt that most of the aftermarket shocks you can buy are incredibly too expensive for a small scooter that only cost $4000-$6000…10% of the total bike cost? A good set of ohlins or YSS are$400-$600, I’m not paying that.

However I do think new shocks are needed for most scooters, or at least the ones I’ve owned, especially if you are over 200 pounds. In Florida I have a huge amount of speed bumps in and out of my complex -up to 10 of them to get to a main road. So I was very interested when YSS recently came out with their ‘lesser expensive pair” at $100 per shock. After about a month of riding, I am very impressed. With a moderate preload the difference going over a speedbump or over railroad tracks is extremely significant, there is no more shock/bottoming/judder if you attack the Road undulation at slight speed (15mph) . That was impossible with the standard shock. Anyway, here is the link, just passing on what was a successful mod for me.

https://bikerzbits.com/yamaha-xmax-yss-shock-absorbers-tc302-350t-08-883.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I have purchased a yss shock in the past, thumbs up from me