New RS125

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by cringer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Vesta

Vesta New Member

*waits for wobbly to make an entrance*

2. scary_leary

scary_leary New Member

I had this 10years ago.. af1 futura 125 complete with single sided swingarm..
    never let me down doing the rivvy runs.

[​IMG]

3. chadz

chadz Member

dude were u from. i go up rivvy lol

4. scary_leary

scary_leary New Member

I live pretty close.. Tockholes

5. chadz

chadz Member

whats that next to?

im from blackburn

6. scary_leary

scary_leary New Member

yeah its next to blackburn, im from millhill

7. chadz

chadz Member

ah cool i know were mill hill is :tup:

what you ride just the sp?

8. scary_leary

scary_leary New Member

yeah i only use the sp for the work run.. mainly drive.

9. chadz

chadz Member

fair does fella :tup:

10. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    late reply but uck it.

1. what stroke are most scooters now?
    2. rs,mito etc etc, make shit road bikes, (and most people bikes live on the road and only visit the track)
    3. they are generally "unrelible" compared to a 4t moter,
    4.there not eco friendly (yes a hole in the o-zone would make uk weather better but still...)
    5.how much is a brand new rs? (il let you look it up so you can slap your self with a copy of bike trader)
    6. how much is a good con one 2nd hand?
    7. they dont make good learner bikes as they have a shit clutch, they are far from robust, expensive to repair etc etc
    8.if there is such a large market for them... then why are there so few 2t 125 race reps?
    9. adding to that, other then panels the rs has barely changed in years because there is no need for r&d as its not a thriving market.
    10. i could go on all day but i think iv explained my point so now im hoping you understand "wtr im on"

ps you friend collects them, collect being the key word.
    did you know my lilttle brother collects yo-yo's?

no lie, yeah they are the latest craze with the youth now days, mad popular cuz trust

11. Vesta

Vesta New Member

have to agree with fire..

Dont know what its like down south but up here you see like 1 geared 2t to every 100 4t

surprised they still even sell em what with pressures from EU and that emissions global warming bollockss that dont even exist

12. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    its always a love or a hate thing with geared two strokes!

end of the day they are a dying bread, like all two strokes tbh! but they will never totally be gone as there are people who do love them and collect them!

i love them! and being honest if some one came up to me and offered me a straight swap on my zxr for a mint 250/500, road bike 2 stroke with a fresh engine i wouldnt hesitate to accept the offer!

some of the BEST bikes EVER have been geared strokers! and they will never be beaten imo! :tup:

13. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

1) four stroke, because scooters are aimed at people wanting cheap transport and 80mpg +, not 100mph gp reps.
    2) they keep up with motorway traffic, i ride my mito well over 200 miles a week going to uni and work, 80mph for 85% of the hour and a half journey to uni. did the same on an rs for 2 years and never had anything go wrong.
    3) unreliable is a massively broad statement. assuming you're reffering to the engine. less to go wrong in a two stroke, easier for people to fix at home. needing new piston rings once a year isn't really unreliable for the power/cc.
    4) they're complying with the same emissions laws as current four strokes. and large two stroke marine diesels are some of the most efficient powerplants on earth. lotus and orbital have both proven that two strokes are cleaner and more economical than four strokes.
    5) about 3.5k. how much will it cost to get a brand new vx to reliably do a ton and handle? or cbr, or 125r.
    6) £1200, about the same as most 172's on ebay.
    7) clutch gets slipped by idiots and wears quickly. they've got enough bottom end to negate this problem.
    8) because it's always going to be a limited market, 17 year olds well off enough to afford 3.5k plus insurance and with enough intrest in bikes to realise its worth it.
    9) rs engine has changed repeatedly over the last 20 years if we go from early af1's. chassis changes are numerous. how many times did the runner change?
    10) i think i've explained a fair argument for the two strokes.

my boss collects four strokes. great.

14. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    you put up a poor argument for two strokes as you further high lighted why there is a dwindling market for them.

ok just so you and others dont get your wires crossed.

i own 3 two strokes and have owned several.
    and love them just as much as any other fan.
    this aint a anti two stroke post, its simply stating how it is.

1. chandz said "you could say the same about scooters so i asked what stroke are most scooters now and like you stated they are "4t".

so the random mpg figures have little to do with the question or answer.

2. me saying they make shit road bikes doest refer to what speeds they are capable of.
    and saying your bike was ok on a regular commute doest mean every other bike will put up with the same treatment, that's a "broad statement"

3.you rightly said the bikes are aimed at young inexperience riders.... the same young inexperience riders who wont likely possess the skills to "fix there engine at home".

5. a new rs is £3749-£3599 you can buy a lot better performance for that sort of cash

6. (just a eg) cheapest 2nd hand rs on bike trade : 2003, 9000miles, they say good con, pics look ok, no decals etc

vs

runner on ebay : 2003,125, alarm, immobiliser, long list of after market mods, they also say good con, pics look ok too... £950.

the scooters cheaper and more importantly becoming rarer. you cant buy them brand new out the shop. can with a rs tho

7. like you say the "clutch wears out from getting slipped by idiots"....aka the learners the bikes intended for.

8. you answerd that your self

9. a af1 isn't a rs.
    a runners is hardly a gp replica sport production motorcycle with a large brand passing down race derived technology.
    the changes have been very small and far between on a rs as it has very few rival and a small sale market. a 600 supersport bike for eg has a model up date every 2years in comparison

10. dont make me right another essay replying or il come to bognor and push your bike of the stand :p :rofl:

ps my nan collects those hats you put on tea pots

15. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

16. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

I don't get why all the aprilia bashing. ughh, don't want to write another fucking list but things like 'they make shit road bikes is just such a sweeping statement. why are they? because they handle amazingly? because they're as fast as you can get at 17 on two wheels? because they're easy to use, easy to work on, easy to ride?
    of course over 3k can buy loads of stuff, but if people weren't willing to pay, they'd drop it or stop making it.
    af1 has same forks, engine, brakes, electronics etc as the first rs. i'd say it has more in common with an early rs than a new runner vx has to do with a two stroke runner. rs has had a fair few changes, several casting changes for barrels, cases, gearboxes, carbs, exhausts, wheels, forks, brakes, fairings.
    rs's used to be in the top ten sellers lists all the time a couple of years back, it's got to be one of the most widely bought bikes of the last decade. if it really was as bad as everyone keeps saying, it wouldn't have stayed in production. i've had four of them and they've all been fine, two cagivas, both fine, two 172's, both fine. also got 2.5k worth of kart engines in my wardrobe, none of them i'd trust on the road for more than 100 miles reliably.
    meh. i'd happily go out and buy a runner 172 or another rs125 tomorrow, both excellent bikes.

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    aprilia didnt desighn the rs125... its a REPLICA of an rs bike (honda desighned it, aprilia simply stamped there name on the side of the engine) so yes, the rs125 is a REPLICA of a GOOD bike NOT desighned by aprilia.. just marketed

as for the 2t 4t debate, 2t's are fun and for enthusiasts.... 4t's are USEFULL bikes.. theres no argument. its fact

18. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

the rs is a replica of the aprilia rsv125 gp bike. the aprilia gp bikes are on aprilia engines, the hondas on honda engines. so the aprilia rs is a replica of a world class, championship winning gp bike by aprilia. aprilia even raced af1 125's in gp before they had the rs, and they had the appropriate af1 replica.
    there is no argument, the engines are always fit for their designed purpose.

19. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Is it just me or do all aprilia sports bikes look the same from the front?

20. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

rs250, 125 and 50 have all followed the same fairing design. when one changed, they all changed. the rsv, tuono thou, falco and futura all had a resemblance to each other until the new twin light rsv came out, then they changed the tuono thou but it didn't bear as much of a resemblance as the old one to the mille. falco and futura never really changed.