New exhaust - Less power? :S

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by [-Jebus-], Jan 8, 2009.

1. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Mine has a stub.

compared the pro and pro rep yesterday after claims there the same and they dont look any different on the outside with the welds etc only the matt black endcan and no spring on the silencer

2. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

hmmm k, maybe it's cos of diff type of engines blah blah... my endcans just matt black with that shitty stage 6 sticker they give you to put on... pffft... no spring on it or nout

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

a seperate stub you mean, like a C16 ?

oh right thats interesting, the lad i know had a piaggio engine too, and his had a seperate stub...

you deffo played around with roller weight and jetting etc....because from what ive seen of the dyno graph, the pro is meant to be a right revvy pipe at the expense of low/mid range torque...

4. Vesta

Vesta New Member

its a very iffy pipe yeah, half a gram in weight completely changed the characteristics so i need to keep playing with mine

the pipes we compared yesterday were both for a rox. no stubs etc on the pro or the rep, like i said the only physical difference was the spring on the end can and the end can was a slightly glossyier black

5. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

keep an eye on jetting too,

i didnt when i fitted the C16, 1 very cold early morning on a run to work i holed a piston, i just didnt realise changing a pipe would affect the jetting so much :msn1:

6. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Yeah i very nearly had a big fuck up mate, kept the same jet in and the plug looked ok, a new plug and 500yards showed it was actually running lean as fuck! Close call

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, pipes pull more or less through the engine at higher revs meaning the vacumm through the carb is different.. the harder the pipe "pulls" the air the denser it becomes, meaning the flow is leaned out, meaning a biggewr jet is needed.... its got lots to do with the rpm also as peak power at a certian rpm to another certian rpm will mean its rich and lean at diferent points.

basicly, any parts you fit will need jetting and transmission setup